FBZX is a ZX Spectrum emulator originally written by Sergio Costas.
Now, a Wii port is being handled by 'Oib', and it just got its first version, which uses SDL Wii.
These are so far the emulator features:
| * Emulates acurately the Original 48Kspectrum (both issue 2 and issue 3), the classic 128K, the Amstrad Plus 2, the Amstrad Plus 2A and the Spanish 128K. This include screen, keyboard and sound (both speaker and AY-3-8912 chip).|
* Screen emulation is extremely accurate, so it can emulate border effects and even attribute effects.
* Supports Z80 snapshots, both loading and saving, and loading .SNA snapshots.
* Supports TAP (both read and write) and TZX (only read) tape files, supporting normal speed loading and fast speed loading.
* Emulates up to 2 joysticks: kempston, cursor and sinclair1 and sinclair2.
* All the wiimote, nunchuck and classic controller buttons and joypad are fully configurable.
* Virtual keyboard support.
* Emulates the Interface I and Microdrive.
* Emulates the ULAPlus
* Based in a new, fully free, Z80 emulator (Z80Free).
And here are the installation instructions:
|Untar the binary release on your SD card, which gives you a structure as follows:|
Put .z80 and .sna files in /fbzx-wii/snapshots or .tap and .tzx files in /fbzx-wii/tapes on your SD card.
The rom are in /fbzx-wii/spectrum-roms. Although Amstrad is the current proprietary of the copyright of the original ZX Spectrum ROMs, they have kindly given their permission for its redistribution with Spectrum emulators.
Check out the official website below for a download link!
All news about Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft gaming devices