PDA

View Full Version : Memcard Installer v0.5 and samsons install.dol hack

emu_kidid
12-21-2005, 03:23 AM
If you can't get big memcards to work with level3 etc, please use Nikita202's format.dol which i have attached here, thanks again Nikita202.

Features:
Copy up to a 256 block file (2mb)
Crappy little SLOT1/2 browser (i like to use it to see what my files are named on the actual card)
Execute level3.dol from memcard.
Write any GCI file to card without a BBA! (read below)

Note:
This is a little app that will merge any GCI file into my new program. It will merge a file into it, then when you run it on your cube you can write the file to memcard without the need for CTR-GCS. You can also test your level3.dol file from within this application. This is not for a fixed slot, it can work for slot1 or slot2. It also asks you if you wish to delete the file if it exists.

Also, if you want to make the file level3.dol so it can be launched right away from the AR disc, just name the dol file "level3.dol" prior to passing it through dol2gci.

Usage:

Place your .GCI file in the same directory as the extracted files from this archive and make sure it's named "myfile.gci" then run "makedol.bat" and it will produce a ready to use d0lz'd .dol file.

Do not edit or delete the files called START or END, they're REQUIRED by the program to work. also, here are the AR codes if you've lost them:

ADY0-WXRA-Q1MC4
3YHW-3R1E-4NPAQ
ZJHY-B1ZH-6P00G

Thx to TyRaNtM for his speedy testing all this :P
Softdev for dolz 3.0
Shagkur for libogc
Nikita202 for format.dol

Tested with NES/SNES/GCoS1.5/EFAL/FZERO/naruto 4/PSO/TOS and GCOM. (GCoM won't boot as level3.dol)

Sal
12-21-2005, 05:07 AM
Thansk alot.
I think I need to make an emu_kidd folder ... ;)

Gcentrex
12-21-2005, 11:01 AM
I tryed them, the Samous modded installer worked and installed changed the (M) code and it worked like normal, the GCOS dol installed but didnt work, it errored with Dol relocate.

I did notice that the Files written to the memory card are in a different order than the original install.dol that Samour released, so I take it you re-writen the level1 AR code to reflect this meaning that we can add AR codes to the data base and nolonger affect the Level2.bin.

If you did manage to do it then great could you also change the (M) code the the universal version instead?.

This is a great release I hope you will make more with other features, I installed both files from my SD card :).

P.S.
I dont know if you could add this or not but could you add a feature to write a blank image to the memory card too, since sometimes you need to do this in order to make the loader work correctly.

Gcentrex
12-21-2005, 11:05 AM
Sorry for the double post but I needed to correct the other post..

Well the DOLinstall.dol did work it written the dol file to my memory card infact it written the file to an AR memory card too, but then the file was run it errored woth dol relocate.

emu_kidid
12-21-2005, 06:48 PM
dol relocate most likely failed as the ipl.dol doesn't support loading dol files over itself, i will fix up the install.dol.

Also, that blank file, how big do you want it? 1 block?

emu_kidid
12-22-2005, 03:31 AM
Hi, I would like to know, people that use Samsons install.dol or boot from memcard with AR, how are the dol files put on there exactly? (I have no original AR here at the moment so I am unable to test any of this)

For the GCoS file i have done this:
GCoS has been put as a .dol file with a 0x40byte header making it a proper file on the card. If i use DOL2GCI, must gcos be put on as level3.dol?

Any feedback and info is appreciated.

Alcatraz
12-22-2005, 03:50 AM
I will try this util soon (I'm at work) because I'm very interested by this util (I don't have BBA, only AR + SD Adapter). I will post feedback soon.

Should I put gcos dol in the same directory inside SD Card as dolinstall.dol, or gcos is INSIDE dolinstall.dol ?

emu_kidid
12-22-2005, 04:58 AM
gcos is inside that dol.

sharpener
12-22-2005, 10:32 AM
Samson's loader searches the card for any DOL files whose GCCs are "DOLX00" and filenames end with ".dol", so it doesn't have to be named "level3.dol". If you do name it "level3.dol", it will be loaded instead of the Samson's loader menu.

Alcatraz
12-22-2005, 11:34 AM
I tried the 2 dols provided in mctools.rar with datel memcard/donggle in slot BB (AR 1.14 cheat database inside) :

when I launch Samsoninstall.dol, it asks me to press A, but nothing happen after !!!

When I launch DOLinstall.dol, it say me Card mount status : -5, and nothing else

If you need tester, no problem, I"m here

Gcentrex
12-22-2005, 12:31 PM
dol relocate most likely failed as the ipl.dol doesn't support loading dol files over itself, i will fix up the install.dol.

Also, that blank file, how big do you want it? 1 block?

Sorry I couldnt reply had some PC and internet problems...........

Its not IPL.dol that gave me the dol relocate error it was GCOS that gave me that error, I know IPL dont work correctly.

About that blank file, I mean can you build a file that can raw write to a memory card, using a blank card image (a 59 and a 251 raw blank image), that way the card will be corrupted and make it so the card can be used correctly with the boot loader. If you can implement that as a feature, I can give you raw blank memory card images if you need them.

As for making GCOS Level3.dol, well that could work, maby to 2 versions one with it as Level3.dol and another as GCOS.dol.

About the way install.dol writes the memory card, this one writes the files in this ordor

Level2.bin
Level3.dol
AR

But the original install.dol did it this way

AR
Level2.bin
Level3.dol

Just wondering did you edit it to do this and also mode the Level1 boot code? if not and you can edit the install.dol how it writes to the card and how it edits the AR data base, then I will look at editing the Level1 loader code and making it load level2.bin from the Start of my memory card. This means that if a person were to say use a 251 memory card run install.dol on it, then built them self a GCOSAR.dol compressed it with dolz3 and sent it to their card, then they can use it and add AR codes without messing it up cards boot loader :D

emu_kidid
12-22-2005, 05:07 PM
ok i fixed dolinstall.dol grab it from the 1st post.
It now can install both GCOM2.2 and GCOS1.5, and they're both working.

thx to TyRaNtM for testing it all.

TyRaNtM
12-22-2005, 06:39 PM
I tried the 2 dols provided in mctools.rar with datel memcard/donggle in slot BB (AR 1.14 cheat database inside) :

when I launch Samsoninstall.dol, it asks me to press A, but nothing happen after !!!

When I launch DOLinstall.dol, it say me Card mount status : -5, and nothing else

If you use SDloader, i know your problem with DOLinstall.dol.

When you are in SDloader menu, take off the AR memcard and put the memcard that you want to put the files.
Now launch the app, read the instructions, wait the app to do the job and enjoy GCOS 1.5 final and GCOM 2.2 in your memcard :D (You put one bios and reboot, launch the app again and put the other bios).

ulicis
12-22-2005, 08:27 PM
Thanks emukid. But I tried as below>
-Qoob SX, boot SD loader via DVDR, setup both files to original 251 mem/ 3rd part 251 mem, Try after with AR, Not work, black screen after I cloase the lid
-Off Qoob SX, Boot AR, Run SD Loader, setup both files to original 251 mem&3rd party 251 mem, Try after with AR, Not work, black screen after I cloase the lid
-Qoob SX, boot SD loader via AR, setup both files to original 251 mem&3rd part 251 mem, Try after with AR, Not work, black screen after I cloase the lid
I use AR v1.07. I check all the files are stored (GCOS, GCON, level2,level3,ipl,AR1.07) properly. Does my error came from Qoob SX? :confused:

emu_kidid
12-22-2005, 09:26 PM
Did you fix the (M) code? (I'm unsure if AR107 is supported by Samsons installer) Someone here must be able to help you.

emu_kidid
12-22-2005, 09:31 PM
Not to worry i'll post a file that should help you out.

TyRaNtM
12-22-2005, 11:37 PM
You need to modify manually the Master Code. Are only 3 lines:

ADY0-WXRA-Q1MC4
3YHW-3R1E-4NPAQ
ZJHY-B1ZH-6P00G

Works in any version. Is good have this, because if you use 1.06 and later you get 1.08 or get a friend who have 1.14, you dont need to modify the master code for every AR version.

Gcentrex
12-23-2005, 02:42 AM
When I get a chance im gonna fixup one of my 251 cards and see if I can use GCOSAR.dol and add loads and by loads I mean "LOADS" of AR codes into the AR data base and see if the loader still works correctly, im guessing it will thought.

gingi
12-23-2005, 04:28 AM
Sorry if I did something wrong, but this is the first time i'm using Samson's loader as i don't have a bba.
Action replay only works with it's special memory card, but the samsoninstall.dol only works on my original memory card (when i try it on my AR card it only corrupts it). I also can't use the installer on my original card and copy it using the gamecube memory card manager to the AR card as level2.bin isn't copyable. Am I missing anything?

shadowmx
12-23-2005, 07:35 AM
AR works with Nintendo brand Memory Cards in slot B(I know for sure about the 59 ones, not sure about the 251)

Alcatraz
12-23-2005, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the info TyRaNtM, and it works, thank you. it's an SDLOAD effect.
But I want to copy gcos into the datel memcard because I don't have another, so I unplug and plug the same card in slot B.
So I update my feedback :

I tried the 2 dols provided in mctool20.rar with datel memcard/donggle in slot BB (AR 1.14 cheat database inside) booted with SDLOAD :

when I launch Samsoninstall.dol, it prints a warning because I have a bad version of AR (1.14) and samson wants a 1.06, but it says DONE and it corrupts the memcard (format after)

When I launch DOLinstall.dol, it works well, no problem.

gingi
12-23-2005, 10:57 AM
But I want to copy gcos into the datel memcard because I don't have another, so I unplug and plug the same card in slot B.
So I update my feedback :

I tried the 2 dols provided in mctool20.rar with datel memcard/donggle in slot BB (AR 1.14 cheat database inside) booted with SDLOAD :

when I launch Samsoninstall.dol, it prints a warning because I have a bad version of AR (1.14) and samson wants a 1.06, but it says DONE and it corrupts the memcard (format after)

Same thing happend to me, I think the Samson installer only works with original memory cards. Will it be possible to make level2.bin copyable so we can install this to an original card and then copy to other cards?

ulicis
12-23-2005, 01:19 PM
Hey guys! This is how I do today. Works finally with my qoob SX
I use AR 1.07, SD adapter, and Intec 251 mem
-Put install and loader files emukidd supplied into your SD card
-Plug your memcard into Slot B, SD adapter slot A then boot SDloader.dol via DVD, run install.dol ----- now you have GCOS1.5 or GCOM as you choose
-Turn back to original bios (hold X in Qoob screen), put action replay memcard in Slot A, your memcard (mine-intec) into slot B. Copy AR file from action replay memcard to your mem manually (If you dont have any AR in your action replay memory, try create one by reset your action replay card in AR menu then back to this step)
-Plug your memcard into Slot B, SD adapter slot A then boot SDloader.dol via DVD, run loader.dol ----- it shall finish and DONE! shown
-Turn back to original bios,put your memcard (not action replay card) into slot B only. It shall allow you to goto menu. Then select cheat, action replay, and start
-Open lid 1-2 secs,then close, hold X (for Qoob to goto original bios)
-WIll back to AR display again, do like before again, don't forget to press X for Qoob (unless wil not work)
-Back screen shown with your GCOS or any dol you put Viola! it works
Possibley you can boot emukid dols from DVD if you do not have SD, I think. I am trying to make GCOS with AR1.5 working at the moment to enable Qoob SX to play cheat with backup. But dont understand the way GCOS with AR boot and load the code with backup. If you can suggest will be very happy. Thanks emuukidd for this great apps! :)

shadowmx
12-23-2005, 02:12 PM
I have made the level2.bin copyable before but it corrupts upon copying. The installer needs to be updated to the same memcard code the DOLinstall has.

Hobbes
12-23-2005, 05:43 PM
level2.bin has to be put at a specific place on the memory card. samsons installer calculates this on the fly. the ar code that is 22 codes long is actually a peice of asm that put into the memory and run by AR. if a person knows enough about asm and memory cards. he could modify the AR code as he pleased, and put any binary file he felt like. it is quite similar to costis sd load. in fact it is where he got the idea for it. and a person can change sdloader.bin to a number of binary files.

samsons installer typically can't install on third party cards. including the datel memcard which would be ideal since most everybody has one. it has limited success with official nintendo 251 block cards. and since its hard to get official 59 block cards now, some people will be stuck up a creak without a paddle for a while, when it comes to using samsons loader. that is until someone writes, or rewrites a new installer.

Alcatraz
12-26-2005, 01:54 AM
Is it possible for you, Emu_kidid, to add in this util a win32 (or msdos) DOLinjector of our own DOL into DOLinstall.dol ro replace the one with X Button (gcom). It should be very useful to copy homebrews emus to memcard.

emu_kidid
12-26-2005, 02:39 AM
sure, gimme a day or two.

Alcatraz
12-26-2005, 05:08 AM
Cool, thanks a lot, and merry christmas

Shane From OZ
01-01-2006, 04:23 PM
Hi All,

Ok im slowly getting the hang of this.
On my memory card i now have 5 things:
1. Bin file Dolphin Boot System
2. level3.dol Dolphin Application
3. ipl.dol Dolphin Application
4. Action Replay V 1.14
5. What i belive to be Gcos 15 blocks but text is scrambled.

Can someone please explain what i do next to get this to load on a un modded cube.

Regards Shane

emu_kidid
01-01-2006, 06:57 PM
Go into action replay, find the cheat called "action replay" and put the following code in there:
ADY0-WXRA-Q1MC4
3YHW-3R1E-4NPAQ
ZJHY-B1ZH-6P00G

Now, Select this cheat, press start and open the lid, a little menu should appear saying "gcos15.dol"

Shane From OZ
01-01-2006, 07:20 PM
Hi Mate,

Ok i found the cheat and added the m code as per your instructions.
Do i have to select the boot loader option in the action replay cheat or just leave it unticked?
When i choose the cheat and the open the lid Gcos does not appear.
Please help.

Regards Shane

Hi Mate,

Thanks heaps got Gcos to load finally but now when i select action replay through Gcos it does not work.
Is this because im loading the version of Gcos without action replay support?

Regards Shane

Hobbes
01-01-2006, 10:08 PM
that option does one of two different things, from the sound of it you have the normal version of gcos. which means when you select this option, gcos will initilise the dvd drive for a copied gamecube game, and wait for action replay to be sent to your bba. If you don't have a bba, you can't use this option. If you are using the gcos with ar version then you wouldn't have to send the file over.

Gcentrex
01-02-2006, 12:48 AM
Well the way you have it setup it wont work because you need to build the AR.dol into GCoS1.5, their is a AR builder included along with the other versions of GCoS1.5.

Unfortunatly for you AR1.14.dol will currently not work with the AR builder it does work with AR1.08.dol and lower, they need to be patched and compressed with dolz3 and for an AR dol lower than 1.08 it will need to have bites added to the file to make it the correct size.

emu_kidid
01-03-2006, 02:00 AM
Updated it to 0.4, you can now merge any save you like, even PSO/FZERO/SNES DOL2GCI files etc.

Enjoy, check the first post for download

Alcatraz
01-03-2006, 02:49 AM
Great,

Thank you.

What does it means for FZERO ? Does it means that I could copy FZERO saves to memcards and play with it after ?
Because I believe that this game put the original memcard serial into its saves, so we couldn't play with a copied save into a new card after a copy, because FZERO check that the recorded serial is the same that the one of the memcard in the slot. Moreover, the security flag is set to not copy this save in IPL memcard manager (but I'm sure that you (or dol2gci) disable this).

Shane From OZ
01-03-2006, 03:40 AM
Hi,

Ok so if i have a .gci file with action replay i can merge it with makedol.bat and then it will produce a dol file.
So what i need to know now is how do i get that to the memory card?
Also if i run it through dolz 3 will it still work ok?
I ran the final.dol through dolz 3 then transfred the file to my cube with a qoob pro installed.
Now what do i do?
If i run DOLinstall it still installs the normal 1.5 and not the final.dol.
Please help.

Regards Shane

emu_kidid
01-03-2006, 04:06 AM
someone with a vipergc please try the attached flash and tell me your findings.

This VGC should ask the user to launch level3.dol from a desired memcard.

Therefore, using this in conjunction with my other application, users can have up to a 59*8192byte file on a memory card as their bootloader for a viperGC. It's quite neat if it works.

Gcentrex
01-03-2006, 04:45 AM
emu_kidid the custom dol install system that you made is good but I have some issues with using it..

When I built the installer with my desired file (GCOM2.3) it was installed fine onto my 251 block memory card thats been running samous mc loader but after I installed this file onto the memory card it broke the boot loader, the file was written the the begining of my memory card rendering the card none working, now I need to do a raw write to the memory card to correct my memory card and install the loader again. (maby you could create a raw memory card writer program to add in a raw memory card image and write that that would fix the mc not working with the loader for 59 and 251 cards)

I have another request could you make it so the gci installer supports bigger gci files, as I tryed to use my GCoSAR.dol but it wont work it shows a red screen with ISI, press a to reload press start to reboot.

emu_kidid
01-03-2006, 04:52 AM
When I built the installer with my desired file (GCOM2.3) it was installed fine onto my 251 block memory card thats been running samous mc loader but after I installed this file onto the memory card it broke the boot loader, the file was written the the begining of my memory card rendering the card none working, now I need to do a raw write to the memory card to correct my memory card and install the loader again. (maby you could create a raw memory card writer program to add in a raw memory card image and write that that would fix the mc not working with the loader for 59 and 251 cards)

It worked on my 59 original card. No idea why it didn't work with the 251. I guess it's because libogc finds the first free blocks in the file table then writes to there but since level2.bin is customly placed.

I have another request could you make it so the gci installer supports bigger gci files, as I tryed to use my GCoSAR.dol but it wont work it shows a red screen with ISI, press a to reload press start to reboot.

Yeah i'll try to fix that up to allow any size.

Gcentrex
01-03-2006, 05:39 AM
It worked on my 59 original card. No idea why it didn't work with the 251. I guess it's because libogc finds the first free blocks in the file table then writes to there but since level2.bin is customly placed.

If its an error with libgc then maby add a note to write the desired file onto another memory card and move the file over to the loader card with nintendos memory card manager.

Yeah i'll try to fix that up to allow any size.

Thanks that will be quite usefull ;) , also if your other file works with the viper gamecube it could alow bigger memory card to have the level3.dol, installed or copyed onto it and have bigger files on that memory card since its not samous MC loader dependand so the file placment it irelivent :).

emu_kidid
01-03-2006, 06:13 AM
Yeah, would be quite nice to run the gc-linux kernel from memcard ;)

Gcentrex
01-03-2006, 06:52 AM
Yeah, would be quite nice to run the gc-linux kernel from memcard ;)

That would be fun :)

Oh I thought about something, that GCoS for the qoob pro internal memory, is their any change that you could create a version that can have the Action Replay built into it too like the GCoSAR builder? Would also be good for the viper extream too ;)

If not in this version could you possably consider it for the next GCoS when ever you start to create that one ;)

emu_kidid
01-03-2006, 07:23 AM
Yeah i'll see what i can do. Btw, next gcos has been in development since before the 1.5 teasers :P

Gcentrex
01-03-2006, 07:33 AM
Yeah i'll see what i can do. Btw, next gcos has been in development since before the 1.5 teasers :P

Thanks for looking into that :).

I thought it was but I thought you would not say anything untill you were close to a release, I have also got an idea of its new features just hope im right :)

sky007
01-03-2006, 01:01 PM
I readed all thread, but I still didn't get how to creat a mem card can boot a unmod cube. Anyone can help me?
I have cube with qoob pro. I'd like create a mem card booting on unmod cube.
Thanks.

Nikita202
01-03-2006, 01:53 PM
(maby you could create a raw memory card writer program to add in a raw memory card image and write that that would fix the mc not working with the loader for 59 and 251 cards)

Is it possible for you to write such a 'format' tool, emu_kidid? This would help lots of people (including me, hehe) installing the samson loader on used 251 cards. Would be very great, if you're not too busy :)

Alcatraz
01-03-2006, 01:54 PM
Yeaaa,

Very good tool. Here's my feedback :
1. All works well, except for big DOL like AR.dol
2. Very cool picture of a dolphin in the IPL memcard manager.
3. if you want to improve ergonomy, you could add a 'return to SDLOAD' option in your main menu, but it's not very important.

emu_kidid
01-03-2006, 05:07 PM
uploaded version 0.5 to the first post, the bat file will now dolz3.0 your file so it looks a decent size, however, loading may take 1-2 seconds longer.

Oh, did i mention it now allows up to a 2mb file ;)

Hobbes
01-03-2006, 06:14 PM
very cool, i'm going to give this a go right away. awesome work yet again emu_kidid! btw, what do you mean samsons install.dol hack?

emu_kidid
01-03-2006, 06:48 PM
btw, what do you mean samsons install.dol hack?

What i mean is that it will install the files to the card without the need to have memcards unlocked from PSO, so a modchip user can do it.

EDIT: Please redownload it as there was a bug which wouldn't allow files > 59 blocks to work.

EDIT2: If you want a small file, i.e. to use on a qoob just to launch level3.dol, just make the file with a 0byte myfile.gci and then the outputted .dol file will be significantly smaller.

EDIT3: ok i finally got a chance to test it myself and it seems theres a bug stopping large level3.dol files from being executed. I will fix it up asap.

EDIT4: level3.dol booting improved but still i couldn't boot a 1mb snes file. (Just make the snesGX file with a dummy 0byte rom and it will work i guess)

Hobbes
01-03-2006, 09:56 PM
cool tool, i like where its going. here are my thoughts, i don't want to sound like i'm whining.

i guess what is needed the most right now is the ability to unlock the memory cards again once you change them. i pull out my sdcard and put in my 1019 card and it lists nothing.

maybe you could explain something to me, i don't understand why some cards work and some cards don't. why is there such a problem with dols seeing third party and big cards. when the original ipl can see and manage all of them. even though there manager is severly limited in functionality. what i really don't understand is that i have an original 251 card and samsons loader will install, and i'll change the M code and it doesn't work. yet it works for others. even more. if i download a raw 251 image with samsons loader pre-installed and write it to my card. ctr-gcs will see the files correctly on my card. but once i restart the cube, my card is corrupted.

as i write this i am wondering, if there is different versions of the 251 card. i know that 2 identical looking madcatz cards have completely different pcbs.

emu_kidid
01-03-2006, 10:03 PM
i guess what is needed the most right now is the ability to unlock the memory cards again once you change them. i pull out my sdcard and put in my 1019 card and it lists nothing.

When you list the files, then press B, you will be back at the main screen, swap cards there then go to list the files again.

if i download a raw 251 image with samsons loader pre-installed and write it to my card. ctr-gcs will see the files correctly on my card. but once i restart the cube, my card is corrupted.

That's not corrupted, it's "locked" as people say. Just a crappy method of keeping little kids from not deleting your files i guess :P It will still work as it is like that. Give it a try.

Gcentrex
01-04-2006, 06:23 AM
uh a version five that supports bigger files :D, cool thanks emu_kidid, on a side note people should never make Snes9X with a 0 bite file I tryed it when it was first released and it never worked and still does not work :(, an easyer way to get a smaller Snes9X file is to download a PD rom since their very very small :).

Hobbes the reason that 251 block memory cards dont normaly work is because their are still files on the memory card and when the installer is written to the memory card the Level2.bin file is in the wrong location, so when the AR code Level1 tryes to load the Level2.bin from the offset it has been specifyed it cant load the file since it is not their.

Their are 3 ways to get it working
1) Download a blank 251.raw file and write that to your memory card then go into the memory card manager and let the card be formatted then the card is like new and the installer will work :).
2) Download a GCoS.raw image file and write it to your memory card but it will show as corrupted but will still work.
3) Run the install.dol like normal then do a memory card image open it up into a Hex editor and find the Level2.bins Location and change the Level1's AR code to load from that location instead, but I have not tryed this yes I have been doing some other AR codes currently.

ulicis
01-05-2006, 12:30 AM
Thank emukidd so much for this app. But now I have problem with GCOS 1,5 with AR (built by GCOS 1.5 AR builder) on my mem card 251 a bit. It can boot backup of games fine, can cheat ntsc game fine, but it does not support cheat on PAL game I tired. These PAL games are bootable if I boot directly with no AR connection. I tried on my SD, but it doesnt even load AR like in mem 251 did. Is this thing happen normally? How can I cheat PAL games in GCOS in my NTSC cube? Thank! :confused:

emu_kidid
01-05-2006, 01:37 AM
Umm, in Action replay, do you go to the USA flag before entering cheats?

Alcatraz
01-05-2006, 01:49 AM
I believe I found a bug in mctool04 and mctool05.
I try it with 2 different DOLs with almost the same size (near 300ko), the 2 files final.dol (or another name with 05 version) do almost the same sizes too.
But on the memcard, one use 15 blocks, and the other 36 blocks.
How it's possible ?

emu_kidid
01-05-2006, 04:47 AM
umm, you do run the DOL file through DOL2GCI dont you??

Alcatraz
01-05-2006, 05:47 AM
Yep, both myfile.gci do almost the same size

emu_kidid
01-05-2006, 06:38 AM
hm, very strange, please upload the two gci files and i will have a look.

Gcentrex
01-05-2006, 07:49 AM
Thank emukidd so much for this app. But now I have problem with GCOS 1,5 with AR (built by GCOS 1.5 AR builder) on my mem card 251 a bit. It can boot backup of games fine, can cheat ntsc game fine, but it does not support cheat on PAL game I tired. These PAL games are bootable if I boot directly with no AR connection. I tried on my SD, but it doesnt even load AR like in mem 251 did. Is this thing happen normally? How can I cheat PAL games in GCOS in my NTSC cube? Thank! :confused:

Can you explain alittle more since I can cheat with NTSC and PAL games :S

ulicis
01-05-2006, 08:26 AM
Thanks everyone. I have AR v.1.07 original. Here this is what I do>
-Install Samson bootloader and GCOS 1.5 wirh AR (use memcard install v.0.5 after converted to .gci from .dol first) to my intec 251 (just memcard- not AR dongle)
-Pop installed intec 251 mem (just memory card, not AR dongle) in slot 2, original Nintendo 59 mem in slot 1
-Hold X to off Qoob SX function, and turn on cube
-Boot original AR, Select Action replay code, run
-Screen back to AR again, Select Action replay code, run while hold X (it wont work in I dont hold X)
-Select .dol menu shown, select GCOS with AR 1.5
-GCOS 1.5 boot, disc stop
-I swap to PAL game (ie. Resident evil PAL), select Misc.
-Select action replay, Press Z then hold X until process done and hear the beep sound, release X (if keep holding, it will back to qoob original screen- have to redo everything again)
-Action replay shown, I select cheat, select Europe flag, the Resident evil codes, press start
-Screen shown some message, but it does not ask to open lid like always, it close this screen in a sec and then the backup boot
-Black screen, no sound....help!!!!!!
If I select only boot menu via GCOS with AR 1.5 in mem 251, it will load fine. I checked AR site and found that normally it shall ask to select the flag again before open the lid after select cheat and put the game in. But in this case, the screen is closed itself and I could not do anything after I hit start. Is this the reason of my problem? How you guys normally do cheat in PAL game in NTSC cube with GCOS and AR 1.5 in mem card? I tried a lot because now I can cheat with my qoob SX, but oly NTSC game using this way. It is almost perfect if can cheat PAL, too. Thanks you so much for your help. :)

Alcatraz
01-05-2006, 11:25 AM
Sorry, I did a mistake with dolz on 1 file.
The 2 gci files doesn't have the same size, but I was at work when you asked this question so I couldn't check at this moment.
I done this test because I felt that one dol take a lot of space on a little 59 memcard. And I thought we lost some blocks.

For example, one of the 2 gci (the little) is 120KB (gcos15), one 59 memcard is 4Mbit (1024*1024*4/8 = 524288 Byte), so a 122880 (120KB) file should use 122880*59/524288 = 13.8 blocks, but it uses 15 blocks. So we loss 1 block.
For the other gci (285KB), we loss 4 blocks

Maybe it's normal, maybe not. what do you think ?

Gcentrex
01-05-2006, 11:44 AM
Thanks everyone. I have AR v.1.07 original. Here this is what I do>
-Install Samson bootloader and GCOS 1.5 wirh AR (use memcard install v.0.5 after converted to .gci from .dol first) to my intec 251 (just memcard- not AR dongle)
-Pop installed intec 251 mem (just memory card, not AR dongle) in slot 2, original Nintendo 59 mem in slot 1
-Hold X to off Qoob SX function, and turn on cube
-Boot original AR, Select Action replay code, run
-Screen back to AR again, Select Action replay code, run while hold X (it wont work in I dont hold X)
-Select .dol menu shown, select GCOS with AR 1.5
-GCOS 1.5 boot, disc stop
-I swap to PAL game (ie. Resident evil PAL), select Misc.
-Select action replay, Press Z then hold X until process done and hear the beep sound, release X (if keep holding, it will back to qoob original screen- have to redo everything again)
-Action replay shown, I select cheat, select Europe flag, the Resident evil codes, press start
-Screen shown some message, but it does not ask to open lid like always, it close this screen in a sec and then the backup boot
-Black screen, no sound....help!!!!!!
If I select only boot menu via GCOS with AR 1.5 in mem 251, it will load fine. I checked AR site and found that normally it shall ask to select the flag again before open the lid after select cheat and put the game in. But in this case, the screen is closed itself and I could not do anything after I hit start. Is this the reason of my problem? How you guys normally do cheat in PAL game in NTSC cube with GCOS and AR 1.5 in mem card? I tried a lot because now I can cheat with my qoob SX, but oly NTSC game using this way. It is almost perfect if can cheat PAL, too. Thanks you so much for your help. :)

Strange :confused: , I have a qoob pro I only have to hold X so I can boot via the original IPL afteer its in the original IPL I dont have to hold the button anymore and all my codes work correctly, idk why its not working for you :confused:

Shane From OZ
01-05-2006, 01:37 PM
Hi All,

Does anyone know if i can add dol files to an action replay dongle and load them from there?
I have ordered an action replay max evo edition can anyone confirm these dol files once made through dol2gci will load from the action replay max evo edition or else i will have to cancel my order?
Or does it not work from an action replay dongle at all just a normal memory card?

Regards Shane

emu_kidid
01-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Sorry, I did a mistake with dolz on 1 file.
The 2 gci files doesn't have the same size, but I was at work when you asked this question so I couldn't check at this moment.
I done this test because I felt that one dol take a lot of space on a little 59 memcard. And I thought we lost some blocks.

For example, one of the 2 gci (the little) is 120KB (gcos15), one 59 memcard is 4Mbit (1024*1024*4/8 = 524288 Byte), so a 122880 (120KB) file should use 122880*59/524288 = 13.8 blocks, but it uses 15 blocks. So we loss 1 block.
For the other gci (285KB), we loss 4 blocks

Maybe it's normal, maybe not. what do you think ?

It's normal. Look at gcom2.3 it's 65536 bytes, which in blocks is 65536/8192 = 8.

ulicis
01-05-2006, 05:05 PM
I think because of Qoob SX has no cheat features is the reson that mine does not do cheat in PAL games like Gcentrex who has Qoob pro. Luckily I can do cheat in NTSC game atleast. So anybody here has Qoob SX and able to make all cheat features in GCOS with A 1.5 for both NTSC and PAL games here? Please advice if you are. Thank. :D

WunSick
01-07-2006, 03:59 PM
Hey i had some issues setting up my buddies softmod... i gave him my Action replay (v1.13 i think) he has a black memory card, official 251 block... i have GCOS 1.5 on the memory card, aswell as the action replay junk... however when i enter the "universal code" ...

ADY0-WXRA-Q1MC4
3YHW-3R1E-4NPAQ
ZJHY-B1ZH-6P00G

....under the name (M) in a game called "action replay" (which wasnt there to begin with, i had to create it) and i go to the game press start, it says updating hardware, asks for me to open lid, i do so, says insert game and close lid, nothing happens, so i close lid and it just black screens....

what am i doing wrong here? LOL
i can do all these chips and everything first ngc softmod... any help would be appreciated, its a totally stock ngc.

EDIT: the installer i use said X for gcom 1.2, and Y for GCOS 1.5, dont know what version or what not it is... but i really like how simple it was lol

Chris

Nikita202
01-08-2006, 04:54 AM
in a game called "action replay" (which wasnt there to begin with, i had to create it)

Did you run samson's installer (before the gcos-installer)? Cause then there should be an action replay game entry by itself. Try that first.

If you did and it's still not working:

- format the memorycard
- reset action replay hardware (this will install AR on the formatted card)
- run samson's installer
- change (m) code
- run gcos-installer
- done.

Notice how i couldn't get it to work on my official 251 card, until i wrote a format.dol program (using cvs libogc; nice work shagkur!).

Gcentrex
01-08-2006, 01:08 PM
Notice how i couldn't get it to work on my official 251 card, until i wrote a format.dol program (using cvs libogc; nice work shagkur!).

Could you possably release this format.dol that you have created?

emu_kidid
01-08-2006, 04:53 PM

If you simply format the whole card, i could add that option to the installer. Let me know.

Nikita202
01-09-2006, 11:15 AM
If you simply format the whole card, i could add that option to the installer. Let me know.

Well, i simply use the format function in libogc cvs build. However, I've discovered that this sometimes corrupts the memorycard (2 out of 3 tests).

That's not a real problem though, since you can then format the memory card from within the gamecube bios (activate the gamecube without a disc and go to memory card manager).

I've attached both the format.dol and its sources (use cvs library to compile).

Greetingz,

B][O-Nikita

DISCLAIMER: I will not be responsible for any damage this application may cause to your gamecube or memorycards. Use it at your own risk!

Hobbes
01-22-2006, 11:49 AM
THIS Is soo cool. i finally got samsons loader working, using nikita's format.dol, samsons installer hack, and emu_kidds memcard installer. thank you soo much.

i am particularly thankful because just the other day my friend said that my sdcard wasn't working. i took it apart. everything is fine. its the memcard port on my gamecube. a year of constantly swapping out the sdcard for a memcard, has taken its toll on the slot. the cheap third party card wobbles. but the original nintendo card locks into place. so now, having my memcard in there all the time, and gcos on my other nintendo card in slot b RULES!!!!! no wear and tear on my gamecube.

thank you soo much.

thoughts about functionallity.. maybe add a delete file function to memcard installer. since a 251 block card has to remain unformatted accoring to the ipl to work.

that way upgrades would be much simpler than formatting the whole card over again.

and the fact that you can launch level3 is just kickass! installing sdloader.dol i could return to my sdcard, install anonther dol to my memcard. and return again!!

Paterchon
02-10-2006, 05:06 PM
Hi,my English is very simple and i can't understand a view points.
I can read better then write.

But my Question is it is possible to transfer a *.raw file from dvd to Memcard with memcard tool?Or it is possible in future?

Can i use a original AR memcard with this tool or only with Nintendo Cards?
I will use a third Party Memcard((mbit 128Blocks)but not going.

Can i test it with PSO+BBA the install.dol and other dol's or going only on/with DVD?
I will not burn 3-6 Blank DVd's.

Can i use to install the softmod with AR 1.14a or only older version's.
Can i stream a older AR version an instll from this?(Action replay Data)and can i use the installed memcard later with all Action replay's

And can i more dol's on emmeorycard with this method(i like Samson Bootloader,4 *.dol'son memcard possible)or it works only wwith one *.dol
I will not losse GCOS1.5,GCOS Libogc,etc... with thios method.

Bye

Hobbes
02-10-2006, 06:43 PM
But my Question is it is possible to transfer a *.raw file from dvd to Memcard with memcard tool?Or it is possible in future?
not yet

Can i use a original AR memcard with this tool or only with Nintendo Cards?
I will use a third Party Memcard((mbit 128Blocks)but not going.
it can be used with any memory card

Can i test it with PSO+BBA the install.dol and other dol's or going only on/with DVD?
I will not burn 3-6 Blank DVd's.
you can send your dols any way you want to, or can.

Can i use to install the softmod with AR 1.14a or only older version's.
any version of AR will work, with the universal (m) code

Can i stream a older AR version an instll from this?(Action replay Data)and can i use the installed memcard later with all Action replay's
you can use any version of AR fowards, or backwards. with your memcard.

And can i more dol's on emmeorycard with this method(i like Samson Bootloader,4 *.dol'son memcard possible)or it works only wwith one *.dol
I will not losse GCOS1.5,GCOS Libogc,etc... with thios method.

as many dols as you can fit on your memory card

Paterchon
02-10-2006, 07:20 PM
Ók i test with AR memory card,not going.

i can't format(freezing by Formatted memorycard ...)
i cant use samsoninstall,push A Button freezed.

It is working with Original Action replay memorycard?

Bye

Edit:
Ok i burned the samsoninstall.dol,format.dol and memcardinstall.dol on DVD and it works better but not perfect.
I can format
I can write with memcardtool the *.gci without problems but the samsoninstaller will not working
i tested on interact 8mbit 123Blocks and Action replay memorycard 59 Blocks.
i see the letters with" Your Action Replay is 1.14 please type the mastercode self....... Done! but the memory cards corrupt or empty.No Files ar transfered

Tommorrow i will test with my Original memory Card59

bye

Edit2:
Ok it works only with the Original memory card59.Other memorycards not works by me.

Hobbes
02-11-2006, 12:13 AM
yeah, samsons installer only works with official cards.

westies
02-11-2006, 04:28 AM
Once you format the 3rd party cards, you can copy the files over to them and they'll work.

attachment
02-15-2006, 03:25 PM
I followed the instructions, I am using an offifical memory card 59 in slot b... however when i attempt to use this i simply get:

Card Mount Status: -5

Alcatraz
02-15-2006, 03:43 PM
When you're in SDLOAD, unplug and replug the memcard before running mctool

Basta
02-17-2006, 02:14 PM
I put alle the dols on dvd, in viper menu i can select them but nothing start, it says only lunching dol and in gcos 2.3 menu it press the dolls and the marker jumps to [..] nothing happens. how can i make now a bootable memcard?

I put Gcso 1.5 on DVD and this on started vom viper menü, in gcos menu the installer dols started too.

chuy1984
02-27-2006, 09:08 PM
hi.

i have a problem.

My gamecube have not modification, only tweaked the laser, and i use gcos 1.5 in a original memory card 59(using a raw image), i use action replay, open and close the lid and it works.

But now i want to have the gcos 2 in another original memory 59, or put both in a 251 memory. but i dont know how to put a dol files in a memoy, im searcging in the forums and nothing.

Really i need a gcos 2 raw image or a step by step guide to put the files of the GCoS libogc Public Beta.rar in a memory card.

If i need the mctool where can i download???

or if something can post a copy of yor files in a memory card????

Tanks

and sorro for mi english.

México city.

Alcatraz
02-28-2006, 01:50 AM
Just download it from the first post of this thread.
the last version is called "Memcard Installer v0.5.rar"

Valfore
05-12-2006, 06:15 AM
ok i need a little help

What i Want To Do:
Transfer 'GCI's' Through DVD To A Third Party Memory Card

Problem:
1. Third Party Memory Cards I Hear Have Problems With this
2. I have a XenoGC Modchip

Can Someone Make A step by step guide on how to do this?

emu_kidid
05-12-2006, 06:42 PM
Although I can't write you a guide cause I don't have much time these days, I can tell you that this works just fine with third party cards.

This is how I would do it:
Make a bootable disc with GCOM (2.4 or whatever is latest) with all the .dol files of this program on there (i.e. different saves).

Valfore
05-12-2006, 06:54 PM
another problem i would be having is the problem Mount Memory Card Status -5

i tried on the Snes and Nes Emulators with this memory Card for saving and i got Cannot Mount Memory Card Error

So i thought this was having the same problem

emu_kidid
05-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Error 5 is a internal EXI I/O error. Most commonly caused by the card not being unlocked. Right after the Application starts, I would re-insert the card.

Valfore
05-12-2006, 07:46 PM
ok i am having another problem i just set up GCOM On a Bootable DVD And it sits on the Gamecube Logo And the Controller is Vibrating?

What Do i Do or have done wrong

emu_kidid
05-12-2006, 09:25 PM
put the disc in when the gamecube is at the "insert disc" screen

Valfore
05-12-2006, 10:24 PM
nope it still vibrates and freezes

Any Other Suggestions?

Ill talk to you on MSN Emu-Kidid Pm me your Msn if you have it

suloku
06-09-2006, 09:04 AM
Just now I got gcom 2.4 working with this.

Thanks for the great app!

But one thing, what is samsoninstall for?

And, can you explain what you did for installing AR codes savegame? I don't have the BBA annd with that i'll be able to install savegames:D
EDIT: said nothing about that, gci iis a savegame format, lol

imforpbj
10-19-2006, 11:35 PM
When in the OEM GCOS, does the cube read an SD card as being present? I mean, can I just copy a gamesave from an GC memory card to an SD? If not, I was thinking that I could save, in game, to a Max Drive Pro, copy the save onto my computer via USB, and give the MDP to my friend to transfer the gamesave to his memory card?

suloku
10-20-2006, 10:16 AM
You can do it with mcbackup

suloku
10-24-2006, 04:31 PM
It seems that I can't install the samsons loader, I execute it from sd card with ar method, but all I get is the press a button message.

Do I have to format the 59 block nintendo mc card before doing that with format.dol? Could be this the problem?

Anyway I want to extract the files to have them separately and be able to install them manually, one by one, in the AR mc. I can boot the level3.dol from this mc, but I can't getthe samson's loader installed.

If someone could upload the separated files...

FennecusK
11-13-2006, 03:38 PM
I've been trying to figure this out for a while, but I don't think I'm experienced enough really...

I have the Action Replay 1.14a, a copy of PSO, and a bba. I've been using PSO for a while, but it's technically my friend's and I'm going to have to give it back to him some day. I also have an original mem card 59, 251, and 1019. Only the 59 and 251 will let me edit any files on them, so I reserve them mostly for game cube software things.

I understand that through the Action Replay, I can load a dol that is either on my mem card already, or through the bba (if I'm not mistaken)

I've tried running the installer by sending it via psoload, and I believe I also ran an earlier version of the installer. Anyway, with the older installer that I have had on my machine since I found it in June, I ended up getting ipl.dol, level3.dol and Level 2 Bootloader all on my card. But the program states that my action replay 1.14 is unknown, and that it tries to switch to 1.06, which also doesn't work. It says to put in the codes manually... The newer installer, from the first post on this thread just freezes and doesn't do anything.

Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

(also if it makes any difference, I'm running a mac - but so far everything on the computer's end has worked fine for me)

(I attached the installer I was talking about, as I don't remember where or when I got it)

CyberAxe
01-08-2007, 12:26 PM
is that master code supposed to be jsut to edit the code form teh SDLoad Code? cos everythime i try and edit the code it says ths code is for a different game

ShinDincht12345
02-17-2007, 09:12 PM
alright, i'm pretty much confused on how to get this all to work. I managed to get everything to read up to a menu which showed ipl.dol, but that's about it. What I wanted to do was try to get NinjaShell 2.1, NinjaShell 2.1 MOD, or GcOS 1.4 (1.5 wont see any discs on my softmodded Gamecube.) on a 59 Block memory card, but I am having no such luck whatsoever, so if anyone could help me out on what I am doing wrong below, it would be alot.

The following in which I did was this

-take whatever .dol I wanted to use to boot and rename it to level3.dol

-ran dol2gci and took the .gci file over to Memcard Installer 0.5

-ran makedol.bat in which I got Memorycardinstaller.dol

-copied memorycardinstaller.dol to my SDLoad

-did normal steps to boot SDLoad and ran the memorycardinstaller.dol on my gamecube in which the memorycard in slot B which would have the following mod on.

-resetted the gamecube, ran the action replay code, and I get a continual loop to loading Action Replay.

I'm somewhat tired after trying this all day so I might of left out some stuff, in my explaniation, but I doubt it. Anyway if anyone can help me out, it would be grateful.

Alcatraz
02-18-2007, 08:08 AM
Hi ShinDincht12345,

Ninja 2.1 is too big to fit inside a 59 blocks memory card, try to use 2.0 version, or gcos, or efal, or gcom.

Maybe have a look here : http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=15455
It might help you.

Bye

philip79
11-04-2010, 05:45 PM
If you can't get big memcards to work with level3 etc, please use Nikita202's format.dol which i have attached here, thanks again Nikita202.

Features:
Copy up to a 256 block file (2mb)
Crappy little SLOT1/2 browser (i like to use it to see what my files are named on the actual card)
Execute level3.dol from memcard.
Write any GCI file to card without a BBA! (read below)

Note:
This is a little app that will merge any GCI file into my new program. It will merge a file into it, then when you run it on your cube you can write the file to memcard without the need for CTR-GCS. You can also test your level3.dol file from within this application. This is not for a fixed slot, it can work for slot1 or slot2. It also asks you if you wish to delete the file if it exists.

Also, if you want to make the file level3.dol so it can be launched right away from the AR disc, just name the dol file "level3.dol" prior to passing it through dol2gci.

Usage:

Place your .GCI file in the same directory as the extracted files from this archive and make sure it's named "myfile.gci" then run "makedol.bat" and it will produce a ready to use d0lz'd .dol file.

Do not edit or delete the files called START or END, they're REQUIRED by the program to work. also, here are the AR codes if you've lost them:

ADY0-WXRA-Q1MC4
3YHW-3R1E-4NPAQ
ZJHY-B1ZH-6P00G

Thx to TyRaNtM for his speedy testing all this :P
Softdev for dolz 3.0
Shagkur for libogc
Nikita202 for format.dol

Tested with NES/SNES/GCoS1.5/EFAL/FZERO/naruto 4/PSO/TOS and GCOM. (GCoM won't boot as level3.dol)

IS there a way to load this on a gamecube memory card using the wiis SD card?

TechMaster
08-08-2013, 01:02 PM
Can someone replace/fix the Samson's AR loader download link? I would really appreciate it.