PDA

View Full Version : Wii Sports Resort featuring two MotionPlus is $59.909

Zeus
09-25-2009, 09:34 AM
<strong>PRESS RELEASE: NINTENDO NEWS: LIMITED-EDITION WII SPORTS RESORT BUNDLE FEATURES TWO WII MOTIONPLUS ACCESSORIES
</strong>

Wii Sports Resort™ is all about getting multiple people involved in friendly sporting competitions. Starting Oct. 12, consumers will have even more incentive to get in on the fun when Nintendo releases a special, limited-edition bundle of the Wii Sports Resort game and not one but two Wii MotionPlus™ accessories, which bring enhanced precision to games.

The bundle will be available at a suggested retail price of $59.99. Typically, Wii Sports Resort comes with a single Wii MotionPlus unit at a suggested retail price of $49.99, and additional Wii MotionPlus units are available at a suggested retail price of $19.99.

"Shoppers are looking for value as we head into the holiday season, and this Wii Sports Resort bundle is a gift that players of all ages and experience levels can enjoy,” said Cammie Dunaway, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. "Best of all, it instantly gets multiple members of the household engaged in playing as soon as the package is opened.”

The new bundle will be available while supplies last at most major retailers.

Through the end of August, Wii Sports Resort has already sold more than 1.25 million units in the United States alone, according to the NPD Group. Nearly 2.9 million Wii MotionPlus accessories are in the hands of the public. That includes all those sold with Wii Sports Resort, standalone sales of 1.36 million and an additional 257,000 bundled with Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 10.

For more information about Nintendo, please visit www.Nintendo.com.

EL_CAD
09-25-2009, 10:31 AM
Good move. Having only one M+ included was the main reason I did not get Sports Resort, that and I've bought about a dozen other games since it came out.

QrafTee
09-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Now to find coupons and cashback to get one of these POS...

danight
09-25-2009, 04:40 PM
at least you dont need a eyetoy as well like ps3 and its magic wand. Nitnedo should tank sony... just when everyone was about to get mad at the big N, sony copies them and makes it more expensive so everyone forgives nintendo.

msanchez
09-25-2009, 06:14 PM
at least you dont need a eyetoy as well like ps3 and its magic wand. Nitnedo should tank sony... just when everyone was about to get mad at the big N, sony copies them and makes it more expensive so everyone forgives nintendo.

Please danight, you are aware that you need the wiimote, and for some games the nunchuck as well? It's not like you can play with just the motion+ alone. How much are those wands thingys going to be anyways? because de wiimote retails for $39.99 (as with all the prices I'll mention, you can get them cheaper), the nunchuck for $19.99, and the m+ for $19.99, so that's $79.97; the ps3eye is $39.99, so if by any chance the the wand is under $40 you've got the same price tag (assuming you need a nunchuck for any game).... though given some of sony's prices I wouldn't count on it being under $50. Who knows, maybe they'll price it lower, so that people buy them up quicker and devs see that people are excited about the things.

Anywho, I think this is a nice move by ninty, for $60 you're at least set for 2 of you're wiimotes to be M+ capable. It might not be a whole lot, but $10 is $10.

danight
09-25-2009, 07:18 PM
you are aware that you need the wiimote, and for some games the nunchuck as well? It's not like you can play with just the motion+ alone.

but the wii comes with a controller... last i saw ps3 didnt come with a eye toy :D

jackoneil2000
09-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Ill probably buy this package. I still need to get WiiMotion+

VagrantWalker
09-25-2009, 10:57 PM
Yeah, I mean, if you wanted to buy the entire Nintendo control system and have what could be cinsidered a complete controler, you're looking well over $100, maybe even $200. That's EXPENSIVE, for a control system...

John Crichton
09-26-2009, 04:10 AM
though given some of sony's prices I wouldn't count on it being under $50. Who knows, maybe they'll price it lower, so that people buy them up quicker and devs see that people are excited about the things.

It's a sony product. People want it, you don't need to make it cheap...

EL_CAD
09-26-2009, 08:00 PM

It would be nice for Sony to sell an add-on for their controllers for once, so we don't have to go out and buy new ones every time. They all look the same, but the main difference is that they cost more.

First with the PS original controller that had to upgraded to the Dual Analog Controller.
Then the Dual Analog Controller had to upgraded to the DualShock.
Then the DualShock had to be upgraded to the DualShock 2.
Then the DualShock 2 had to be upgraded to the SixaxiS.
Then the SixaxiS had to be upgraded to the DualShock 3.
Then the DualShock 3 will have to be upgraded to the Ping Pong Ball on a Stick plus an Eye Toy.

msanchez
09-28-2009, 03:05 AM
but the wii comes with a controller... last i saw ps3 didnt come with a eye toy :D

So? you have 1 out of the 3 parts of 1 controller..... I'm certainly not saying sony's way of doing things is any better, but ninty's certainly isn't either. Scratch that, I do like sony's way better, since I can play 99.99% of ps3 games with the controller it brings. This wand business is just sony up to their usual crap and it's looking highly unlikely I'll be buying into this anyways, kind of a shame since I already have the camera though.

Was that sarcasm?

EL_CAD
09-28-2009, 10:25 PM
So? you have 1 out of the 3 parts of 1 controller..... I'm certainly not saying sony's way of doing things is any better, but ninty's certainly isn't either.

The Wii comes with a Wii-mote and a nunchuck which is enough to play all Wii games except Sports Resort, which comes with a M+.

msanchez
09-29-2009, 11:42 PM
The Wii comes with a Wii-mote and a nunchuck which is enough to play all Wii games except Sports Resort, which comes with a M+.

Ok then excuse me, but my opinion on ninty's accessorie strategy still stands. Are you guys suggesting that the M+ will not be widely used? what's the point then? Isn't it a big improvement?

EL_CAD
09-30-2009, 07:25 PM
Ok then excuse me, but my opinion on ninty's accessorie strategy still stands. Are you guys suggesting that the M+ will not be widely used? what's the point then? Isn't it a big improvement?

The point is that it is not widely used, and until it used then they is no reason to worry about. It's hard to tell what's going to take off and be a worth wile invest in the world of video game accessories.

Not every game needs motion detection. Those that they have released so far have worked well with the M+. Of the games I currently have only a couple could use a M+ makeover. But who's gunna by a game second time just to get an M+ upgrade? Developers would be wise not use M+ unless it added a real benefit, which should limit the games to 10% of the Wii library.

msanchez
09-30-2009, 10:17 PM
The point is that it is not widely used, and until it used then they is no reason to worry about. It's hard to tell what's going to take off and be a worth wile invest in the world of video game accessories.

Not every game needs motion detection. Those that they have released so far have worked well with the M+. Of the games I currently have only a couple could use a M+ makeover. But who's gunna by a game second time just to get an M+ upgrade? Developers would be wise not use M+ unless it added a real benefit, which should limit the games to 10% of the Wii library.

If that's the case we have an agreement and this argument is settled. My issue was the idea that ninty's way of doing things is any better than sony's as danight suggested. If there's no reason to worry about the M+ than there's even less of a reason to worry about sony's wand/ps3eye combo.

EL_CAD
10-01-2009, 07:04 PM
If that's the case we have an agreement and this argument is settled. My issue was the idea that ninty's way of doing things is any better than sony's as danight suggested. If there's no reason to worry about the M+ than there's even less of a reason to worry about sony's wand/ps3eye combo.

MY issue with Sony was not about any of their upcoming products. But with their switching controllers midstream. Twice with the PSone and once already with the PS3.

msanchez
10-01-2009, 10:51 PM
MY issue with Sony was not about any of their upcoming products. But with their switching controllers midstream. Twice with the PSone and once already with the PS3.

With the psone I could understand, mind you it's basically the exact same thing as ninty is doing with the m+. Out of all psone games I think the only one that "required" the dualshock was Ape Escape, correct me if I'm wrong. With the ps3 I don't know what switch you are referring to, because I don't think you could possibly mean sixaxis to dualshock3.... or is adding rumble considered to be such a huge change? The only reason all my controllers are DS3 are because I bought the MGS bundle, and I couldn't find new sixaxis controllers from any reputable seller. I consider a change in controllers when I can't play a game with the old controller because it lacks something.... having the controller vibrate doesn't change things for me; in fact, I have mine off, it's not even an issue of saving battery (I haven't played enough to drain a controller yet) it's just annoying most of the time.

EL_CAD
10-02-2009, 06:40 PM
With the psone I could understand, mind you it's basically the exact same thing as ninty is doing with the m+. Out of all psone games I think the only one that "required" the dualshock was Ape Escape, correct me if I'm wrong. With the ps3 I don't know what switch you are referring to, because I don't think you could possibly mean sixaxis to dualshock3.... or is adding rumble considered to be such a huge change? The only reason all my controllers are DS3 are because I bought the MGS bundle, and I couldn't find new sixaxis controllers from any reputable seller. I consider a change in controllers when I can't play a game with the old controller because it lacks something.... having the controller vibrate doesn't change things for me; in fact, I have mine off, it's not even an issue of saving battery (I haven't played enough to drain a controller yet) it's just annoying most of the time.
You are correct that most games do not need rumble. But almost all racing games really do need the rumble feedback. Sure they can be played without it, but you also could try playing on a 13" black and white TV.

msanchez
10-02-2009, 06:55 PM
You are correct that most games do not need rumble. But almost all racing games really do need the rumble feedback. Sure they can be played without it, but you also could try playing on a 13" black and white TV.

I lost rumble on my ps2 ages ago, played through GT3 and 4 with no issues whatsoever... in fact didn't even notince 'til someone else pointed it out.