PDA

View Full Version : Help - Transfering files from 20GB HDD to 120GB HDD w/Xport

underachiever
09-27-2009, 03:28 PM
First off: i don't have the ms transfer kit, just the 2 drives and xport doct station.

I just got a M$ brand 120gb HDD and want to move all my files in my 20gig to the 120gig drive. I backed up both drives on my PC, then formatted the new 120gig to clean it up.

First attempt: I tried "restoring" the 20gig image... no good - it shows 15.3GB of free space and none of the files/items are acknowledged by the console... everything is 0KB.

Second attempt: I broke down the 20gig backup and inserted each partition file/data one by one to the 120gig.... no good... 8.3GB of free space now, and none of the files/items are acknowledged by the console... everything is 0KB.

Third attempt: put back partitions 0, 2,3. replaced the files under partitions 2 and 3 only. Got same result as second attempt.

Either i'm doing it wrong(which i'm thinking) or i need to use the ms transfer kit. I thought this would be as easy as just transfering saves, geez what a headache.

pointers and help would be greatly appreciated

rory2005
09-27-2009, 05:20 PM
not 100% but in formatting the 120 gig you have prob removed its 120gb identity tag.

underachiever
09-27-2009, 06:05 PM
not 100% but in formatting the 120 gig you have prob removed its 120gb identity tag.

it is still registering at 107GB free space though

underachiever
10-01-2009, 05:55 PM
u need the cd

are you talking about the MS transfer kit cd?

whitesupraboy2
10-10-2009, 06:52 PM
I had exactly same problem whenever i put the files on, the share just would not show the files on the xbox or work as 120Gb.

How I fixed it.

Make image on extreme 2
Extract the folders from partition 3 (I just did the content folder ignoring 00000000) folder under that folder as thats for DLC content and will need to be redownloaded. So the content fodler will contain 2 folders under it, these are your profile ones.

The hard drive i formatted on xbox 360 so it was at stage of reading as 107Gb free.

I then used;

Xplorer360 0.9b6 with 120GB patch/hack

half way down this page

http://beta.ivancover.com/wiki/index.php/Xbox_360_Hard_Drive_Upgrade

Copied the files into partition 3 and it worked, picked up the files :) and also showed the drive as 120Gb!

let us know how you get on

underachiever
10-11-2009, 04:39 PM
I had exactly same problem whenever i put the files on, the share just would not show the files on the xbox or work as 120Gb.

How I fixed it.

Make image on extreme 2
Extract the folders from partition 3 (I just did the content folder ignoring 00000000) folder under that folder as thats for DLC content and will need to be redownloaded. So the content fodler will contain 2 folders under it, these are your profile ones.

The hard drive i formatted on xbox 360 so it was at stage of reading as 107Gb free.

I then used;

Xplorer360 0.9b6 with 120GB patch/hack

half way down this page

http://beta.ivancover.com/wiki/index.php/Xbox_360_Hard_Drive_Upgrade

Copied the files into partition 3 and it worked, picked up the files :) and also showed the drive as 120Gb!

let us know how you get on

Thanks for the tips, the key was the correct versions of xploder, I was able to extract from the extreme2 image just once, after that, it wouldn't read partition 3 . Nevertheless I used beta6 w/ 120gb hack xplorer like you said and it worked like a charm...
Question about the DLC, so you can't transfer the DLC ? I have to re-download all my gamer pics, maps, arcade games?

whitesupraboy2
10-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the tips, the key was the correct versions of xploder, I was able to extract from the extreme2 image just once, after that, it wouldn't read partition 3 . Nevertheless I used beta6 w/ 120gb hack xplorer like you said and it worked like a charm...
Question about the DLC, so you can't transfer the DLC ? I have to re-download all my gamer pics, maps, arcade games?

Ahh yes sorry forgot to say the image will only shows the files once and then wont be readable again :D

Dont know why it does the above but glad it sorted it for you.

DLC - Ive read some DLC's dont work correctly after the move and to be honest after faffing around for 5 hours getting the files on there and reading up on folder contents etc... I was quite happy to redownload :D also read some have to be redownloaded, to be honest i'd just redownload them, you surely cant have loads of games you still play that you need to redownload the DLC and if you do just set them all up on xbox to queue to download

underachiever
10-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Now that i've figured it out i'm venturing on finding out if or not DLC will work... so far all the H@l0 3 stuff has worked: Mythic map, Legendary Maps, etc, and the Themes as well.

whitesupraboy2
10-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Now that i've figured it out i'm venturing on finding out if or not DLC will work... so far all the H@l0 3 stuff has worked: Mythic map, Legendary Maps, etc, and the Themes as well.

Well hopefully all works for you....if not you can just format and start again anyway!

I wish someone had posted what I have on a forum, I spent ages working it out!