PDA

View Full Version : Problem reading backups

yogibear
10-01-2009, 06:48 PM
I have a qoob pro with a modded full size case. My gamecube used to read my backups fine when i used it like a year ago. Now on some of my backups it says unable to read disk when trying to boot the game in the qoob menu or goes to the nintendo error screen saying to shut off the gamecube and turn it back on. Some games play but have random lock ups. When I do a read test the disks pass fine but will not boot and gives one of these errors depending on the game. Also some times when it freezes it will make a clicking sound. It reads retail disks fine though. All my backups are full sized dvds. These are the same dvd backups i have used before with no problem. Also i am using the same firmware 1.3a that i used before with and had no problem. My wii reads these gamecube backups without any problems. Any help would be great thanks.

crazyshiza
10-02-2009, 01:43 PM
You will need to adjust your laser pot, look for a guide online.

yogibear
10-06-2009, 10:01 AM
Thanks i will try that i was not sure. As games used to work does it mean the laser is going bad? I have not messed with the pot so was just curious as to way it would need to be adjusted. I thought that was something that once adjusted would never need it again ( it was adjusted by the person who installed my chip and the system worked for awhile fine ) thanks for the help.

crazyshiza
10-06-2009, 12:52 PM
I don't know for sure if it means your laser is dying, but I do know that it often has to be readjusted after awhile, maybe because it is dying.

yogibear
10-06-2009, 02:09 PM
ok thank you very much for the help and info.