PDA

View Full Version : Can I connect my Xbox 360 to LCD using DVI/HDMI, and also get audio output somehow?

ahmadka
10-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Hey guys ... Well I now would like to know if its possible to connect a Falcon Xbox 360 to an LCD Monitor using the 360's HDMI output, and also somehow get audio ?? That is, I know there's a HD AV cable out there for this job, but I think HDMI ports offer better quality, so I'm trying to connect my 360 and an LCD which has a DVI port (may also have a HDMI input, don't know for sure yet). Problem is I don't know how to get the audio output from the 360 this way .. any suggestions ?

afteryou
10-13-2009, 07:41 PM
I don't think so im having the same problem

harrystyris
11-05-2009, 06:22 AM
Hello Ahmadka.
This is Harry. I am having one suggestion that but make sure first, If you have one of the older 360 models which did not have the HDMI, you could use below method on those, but if the HDMI port is available, I think using it is highly recommended. The HDMI technology cable carries both video and sound in one cable. Attach the HDMI cables provided with the 360Xbox, and other three R G B to the monitor and the other two audio cables to external sound system.
Enjoy.

showstopper
11-05-2009, 06:27 AM
You use an HDMI to DVI for the video.
Then you use the big a\v connector for the audio.