PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo: Nintendo will move into HDTV technology

Zeus
10-16-2009, 10:53 AM
Nintendo boss Mr Miyamoto has given the biggest indication yet that the Wii may well go fully HD in the future. He noted that it's for consumers to want pretty graphics and Nintendo is moving along with the progression of technology.

<blockquote>"I don't think there's anything wrong with pretty graphics, and if I'm a consumer that has an HDTV, I'd want to be able to play my games with nice graphics too. And I think as we've seen the penetration rates for HDTV increase, we're going to see video games and Nintendo's games move along in step with the progression of technology," said Miyamoto.</blockquote>

News Source: <A href="http://www.industrygamers.com/news/miyamoto-on-hd-graphics-nintendos-games-will-move-along-with-progression-of-technology/" target="_blank">Industrygamers</a>

tech3475
10-16-2009, 12:04 PM
The problem with "pretty graphics" is that the games cost more to produce so at least it gets rid of some of the **** and assists in porting between systems, it may also prevent some indie/lower budget but still good games e.g. okami, lost winds.

VagrantWalker
10-16-2009, 12:12 PM
Roll on HD Zelda... One of these days...

ThreeDog
10-16-2009, 02:24 PM
The problem with "pretty graphics" is that the games cost more to produce so at least it gets rid of some of the **** and assists in porting between systems, it may also prevent some indie/lower budget but still good games e.g. okami, lost winds.

How does it cost less exactly? Personal opinion i think that claim has never been true. I'll be happy to see an HD console maybe third party developers will take it more seriously and maybe nintendo will be able to properly aim it at all gamer markets.

Signa
10-17-2009, 12:54 AM
It costs less because 80%+ of games today are made by an army of an art department. If so much time didn't go into making the game look pretty, the game could be out the door faster, and less money would be spent making it. It's why there are so many trash titles on the Wii. They can make the games look like crap and get away with it.

I just want to see a Wii that will do what the emulator does on the PC and upscale the SD Wii games, but on your TV. SSBB looks BEAUTIFUL with its current graphics, but they need some post-processing to bring out that shine.

Edit: I mean 80% or more of the effort put into each game is art, not that 80 out of a 100 games are purely art. I though I would clear that up before some one doesn't understand what I meant.

Neglefarot
10-17-2009, 10:43 AM
Whats this, 2005???

Xenogears V
10-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Maybe on Wii 2. On this wii is useless.