PDA

View Full Version : Oops! Shopping show smashes TV on air with Wii remote toy

Zeus
10-18-2009, 11:06 PM
Oops! A German shopping show host recently demonstrated the Wii remote with a little tennis racket attachment which flew off and smashed into a TV that he was demonstrating the Wii unit on. Was this done on purpose? Unfortunately he did not finish the TV off with the baseball peripheral!

Skip to five minutes on the following video for the 'good stuff':

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a07W2t2wcRA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a07W2t2wcRA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center></a>

TerminatR
10-19-2009, 12:06 AM
Nice serve, idiot.

morcar
10-19-2009, 12:59 AM
Thats why the Wii should be played on a tube TV and not LCD. Because people insist on putting stupid add-ons the Wii remote. I have heard now that some insurance companys have stopped paying out for Wii related breaks on LCD TV's as its becoming very common.

Personaly I have had a Wii for over a year and i cant see how anyone could let the remote or anything else from the remote hit the TV.

Total idiot.

CZroe
10-19-2009, 03:56 AM
Stupid unofficial accessories. They act like they took $50 off the price when they really charged their customers $80 on top of the cost of the Wii Sports bundle itself for all that crap-tastic-plastic.

OH! and another $10 for shipping.

The guy was completely wrong about how the motion sensing works. Yeah, considering the audience, I wouldn't expect him to explain it correctly, so he shouldn't have even tried. For those that don't know, the sensor bar is only for the pointer and pointer + Z function. Serving the ball uses the MEMS sensors instead. You could start Wii Sports Tennis and then completely unplug the sensor bar and continue playing it without issue until you are done and need to make a menu selection.

Oh, and what the heck makes MaxConsole think this is German? It has English-speaking hosts with midwestern American accents, dollar-sign prices, and American-region toll-free numbers. Considering that I've seen the same home shopping channel in the USA, I would say that it is a US home shopping program. Perhaps it was made for a German military base? Nah... they wouldn't have found 200 willing suckers that quickly without a national audience. Whatever. It's obviously not German.

unreal maniac
10-19-2009, 08:08 AM
lol. smart one dumb one.

iazybandit
10-19-2009, 08:43 AM
Ummmm..Home Shopping Network (HSN) is in the USA. Its not a German shopping show.

For some "Germans" they speak English with no accent. Didnt know they had 1-800 numbers either and accept American dollars ($)

jackoneil2000
10-19-2009, 09:10 AM
Lol. Numb nuts. Who plays so closely to their TV. :rolleyes:

Its funny how he stands in front of the damaged part to block it from the cameras view as if nothing happened.

[ACF]Umax
10-19-2009, 09:38 AM
Ummmm..Home Shopping Network (HSN) is in the USA. Its not a German shopping show.

For some "Germans" they speak English with no accent. Didnt know they had 1-800 numbers either and accept American dollars ($)

QFT. There's nothing to add.

What's wrong with you Zeus? Didn't you even watch the video?

Brandogg
10-19-2009, 10:02 AM
Zeus is a bot that posts main articles to the forums.

CZroe
10-20-2009, 10:33 AM
Sure enough, this is being unjustly reported in ways negative to Nintendo.

I saw it on the front page of Yahoo where they claimed that a "Nintendo Wii Remote went flying on live TV." :rolleyes: Ugh. It was a stupid unofficial accessory that was never approved by Nintendo (and never would have been, for that very reason).

Zeus is a bot that posts main articles to the forums.
SOMEONE always types the MaxConsole desription and screws everything up. It never fails. At this very moment, the front page is littered with mistakes... like calling Modern Warfare 2 another "version" of the original Modern Warfare, saying that the UK is getting "the Wii" before the US when they mean "the BLACK Wii," and many, many more stupid goofs.

ndnprince23
10-21-2009, 04:27 PM
i saw this yesterday...its funny trying to make a sale on live tv then messin up bad....the lady kept laughing lol