PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 breaks Amazon sales records, bigger than Wii and Harry Potter

Zeus
10-22-2009, 03:27 AM
Microsoft looks to be on a winner with Windows 7 as Amazon has revealed that it has become the biggest grossing pre-order product of ALL TIME in the UK. And that means grossing better than Harry Potter novels and the Wii!

<blockquote>Windows 7 has overtaken Harry Potter novels and the Nintendo Wii to become the biggest grossing pre-order product of all time in the UK, according to e-commerce giant Amazon.

In an announcement which will be music to Microsoft's ears, Amazon.co.uk declared that the new operating system sold more pre-order copies in the first eight hours of its release than Vista did in its entire pre-order period</blockquote>

News Source: <a href="http://www.v3.co.uk/v3/news/2251689/windows-breaks-amazon-records" target="_blank:>V3.co.uk</A>

kama
10-22-2009, 05:18 AM
Ppl that were stupid enough to buy Vista are essentially paying $120 or more for a bugfix.

iLLNESS
10-22-2009, 06:15 AM
why because it looks similar to vista? because it uses vista drivers?

i guess people who bought windows 98 were stupid because they bought a bugfix from windows 95? well, i guess they bnought internet explorer and a bug fix.

i suppose people who bought windows XP really got screwed over cuz it was similar to 2000, just better looking.

people who buy the latest osx really get fucked...

this is how operating systems get used to it.

you wont see many people sticking to vista with windows 7 out...

Ahmed_p800
10-22-2009, 08:04 AM
It deserves to be no1 pre-order item

after trying it....im really considering to buy it (or upgrading)

Its really smooth, fast...etc

Microsoft FTW.....

also MAC for G a Y s.....

tech3475
10-22-2009, 08:34 AM
Ppl that were stupid enough to buy Vista are essentially paying $120 or more for a bugfix.

What about those who got an OEM copy with their computers? I dont think they had much choice especially when they couldn't get the poxy XP drivers or wanted a decent (supported) 64bit OS ans DX10.

*StoneCold*
10-22-2009, 09:45 AM
What about those who got an OEM copy with their computers? I dont think they had much choice especially when they couldn't get the poxy XP drivers or wanted a decent (supported) 64bit OS ans DX10.

I bought a laptop with vista on it, i hated it so i downloaded a cracked version of xp and installed it and never looked back.

Xenogears V
10-22-2009, 10:46 AM
Where is the news?. It it a normal thing. Windows is the most popular OE sistem...

CharmedonWB
10-22-2009, 10:54 AM

i guess people who bought windows 98 were stupid because they bought a bugfix from windows 95? well, i guess they bnought internet explorer and a bug fix.

i suppose people who bought windows XP really got screwed over cuz it was similar to 2000, just better looking.

people who buy the latest osx really get fucked...

this is how operating systems get used to it.

you wont see many people sticking to vista with windows 7 out...

I agree with you completely but I don't think Apple charges for their OS. Either way, if you are going to be an early adopter then there are risks that you take. No one forced anyone to buy Vista unless it was OEM on a pre built system. Besides, if there were no Windows Vista then we would not have Windows 7. Not all software is going to be perfect. After Windows 95, 98 and 2000 were less than perfect. It was not until XP, that MS had another good OS. Linux is constantly being changed--you people act like that OS is perfect which it is not. The fact that it is open source means that changes come quickly and from various sources.

QrafTee
10-22-2009, 11:39 AM
Where is the news?. It it a normal thing. Windows is the most popular OE sistem...It's news because Vista failed compared to XP and apparently 7.

Punyetta
10-22-2009, 11:44 AM
I agree with you completely but I don't think Apple charges for their OS. Either way, if you are going to be an early adopter then there are risks that you take. No one forced anyone to buy Vista unless it was OEM on a pre built system. Besides, if there were no Windows Vista then we would not have Windows 7. Not all software is going to be perfect. After Windows 95, 98 and 2000 were less than perfect. It was not until XP, that MS had another good OS. Linux is constantly being changed--you people act like that OS is perfect which it is not. The fact that it is open source means that changes come quickly and from various sources.

Ofcourse Apple charges for the OS, they aren't going to give it free. win 95 wasn't perfect until 95b and 98 wasn't needed but 2000 had an impact as it was much better than NT and replaced both NT and 98. XP was not 100% until XP service pack 2 and Vista was not to be installed as it was cumbersome and unusable but with Win7 MS has hit the nail on the head. So I would say Win7 is the bees-knees since win2000.With Linux, there are too many flavours. I've started with RedHat over 10 years ago and went through at least 20 variations and ended up with Ubuntu.

EL_CAD
10-22-2009, 11:44 AM

Apple does charge for OSX:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MAC_OS_X_SNGL

Pretty reasonable upgrade prices compared to Windows.

ujnhunter
10-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Because everyone who got suckered into or had no choice but to get a PC w/ Vista on it needed to pay for a Patch.

kcvfr400
10-22-2009, 01:56 PM
I feel the retail candidate that I tried was excellent apart from the obvious program compatabilty you expect. So I can understand the sales records being broken for this as it has not had the bad press of vista and even xp before it and as other have said more a 2000 feel in completness. Though price is way to high for me to consider moving from xp yet.

frankmax
10-22-2009, 02:14 PM
everyone forgot about Windows ME...I will never forget that piece of ****

QrafTee
10-22-2009, 04:13 PM
everyone forgot about Windows ME...I will never forget that piece of ****I haven't it's the only Windows OS I actually bought retail... never again Microsoft. It's OEM, PC Builder's copy, or Student Copy for me.

kama
10-22-2009, 04:34 PM
Because M$ admitted Vista was brought out too soon, making Win7 basically a bug fix.

iLLNESS
10-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Because M$ admitted Vista was brought out too soon, making Win7 basically a bug fix.

i still dont see how this makes win7 a bug fix?

and still, either way... vista sucks, win7 runs flawlessly.. people cant complain they paid $120 for vista by choice.

and i doubt youll see too many people complaining about win7... win7 walks all over osx, and linux.. and just about any os you can think of for an all around OS.

i ran win7 beta and RC and never had a single issue. first OS ive seen that with.

win7 will likely break records all across the board

CharmedonWB
10-22-2009, 10:14 PM

If you think that Win7 is a bugfix then it is clear you are not very familiar with the product. Although it uses Vista code, it is still a revamped version of Vista. Win7 has similarities to Vista but it is still a very different operating system.

Slowking
10-22-2009, 10:15 PM

That's excatly why I never bought XP. I had payed full price for 2000 and was not going to pay for a slightly pimped version of it.
Windows7 I would probably buy again, but since I need a new Laptop anyway I'm going to use the preinstalled version on it.

JonathanD
10-25-2009, 04:29 PM
If you think that Win7 is a bugfix then it is clear you are not very familiar with the product. Although it uses Vista code, it is still a revamped version of Vista. Win7 has similarities to Vista but it is still a very different operating system.

Most people will be very unfamiliar with the changes that went on "under the hood" and confuse 7 with a patched up Vista. To some extent its sort of true but there is much more going on then just patches.

I switched all 3 of my more modern machines to 7 as soon as build 7600 hit and haven't looked back.

Windows 7 is the best OS MS has put out since Windows XP.

One thing MS improved in 7 that had nothing to do with a patch was better ASLR but 99.999% of the people on the planet will never know about it lol but thats the people who will be protected by it :)