PDA

View Full Version : Dont use this company to fix your PS3 I warn you now !!!

grantblakey
10-22-2009, 11:27 AM
BEWARE OF SKP REPAIR!!!!!! DANGER

once you have read this check out these links

w.avforums.com/forums/xbox-360-hardware/730410-warning-gt-electronics-beware.html[/url]

w.avforums.com/forums/xbox-360-hardware/695330-caution-gt-electronics-dundee-repair.html[/url]

I have just picked up my console from SKP Pro Console Repair in Dundee, 83 king street, dd1 2yj. They bill themselves as repairing Xbox, Playstations, etc. I dropped off my console and was told that the cost to fix said item would be £50. I duly paid the £50 and was told to pick up the console in 3 hours. Fantastic I thought, how wrong can one be. On trying my console I was dumbfounded that the console was not fixed, how odd. I returned to SKP in Dundee and the gentleman behind the counter then told me to return in another 3 hours. Fair enough !!! 3 boring hours passed and went back. The tall guy behind the counter then informed me that he could in fact not fix the item. Fair enough !!! However has only refunded £30 and charged me £20 NOT TO FIX my console. When I complained this, the gentleman in question became very aggressive and abusive. The guy is about 6ft 4 and with a skin head !!! In short they charged me for not fixing my console and I got the feeling that if I argued anymore he was gonna Fix me. Dont use this company, they charge for not fixing items and the so called customer service, is well.... should we say dangerous !!!!!!!

P.s
They guy would not give me his name and the "company" do not have a phone number. How suspicious does that appear !!!!!!!

HookeyStreet
10-24-2009, 06:46 AM
BEWARE OF SKP REPAIR!!!!!! DANGER

once you have read this check out these links

w.avforums.com/forums/xbox-360-hardware/730410-warning-gt-electronics-beware.html[/url]

w.avforums.com/forums/xbox-360-hardware/695330-caution-gt-electronics-dundee-repair.html[/url]

I have just picked up my console from SKP Pro Console Repair in Dundee, 83 king street, dd1 2yj. They bill themselves as repairing Xbox, Playstations, etc. I dropped off my console and was told that the cost to fix said item would be £50. I duly paid the £50 and was told to pick up the console in 3 hours. Fantastic I thought, how wrong can one be. On trying my console I was dumbfounded that the console was not fixed, how odd. I returned to SKP in Dundee and the gentleman behind the counter then told me to return in another 3 hours. Fair enough !!! 3 boring hours passed and went back. The tall guy behind the counter then informed me that he could in fact not fix the item. Fair enough !!! However has only refunded £30 and charged me £20 NOT TO FIX my console. When I complained this, the gentleman in question became very aggressive and abusive. The guy is about 6ft 4 and with a skin head !!! In short they charged me for not fixing my console and I got the feeling that if I argued anymore he was gonna Fix me. Dont use this company, they charge for not fixing items and the so called customer service, is well.... should we say dangerous !!!!!!!

P.s
They guy would not give me his name and the "company" do not have a phone number. How suspicious does that appear !!!!!!!

More fool you for paying £50 in the first place :( For an extra £40 Sony will professionally fix it or replace it. TBH, most of these arseholes that claim they can fix PS3's use the old 360 towel method. Professionals bake the motherboard in the oven.....the idiots you used obviously didnt.

I wouldnt care how big or ugly the **** behind the counter was, I would get my full amount back!

Blippy
11-09-2009, 08:58 AM
Professionals bake the motherboard in the oven.....

Oh, is THAT what professionals do? Wow, I thought professionals were people with, ya know... a clue!

These fools baking motherboards in ovens are so way off the right track, it's not even funny! It makes me crazy to see it on youtube and the like! And don't let these repairers fool you - they really are not professional or have any training in electronic engineering!

It's not hard; pay the Sony warranty charge and get it professionally repaired! And no, they don't use ovens :o|

MATTYSUPERSAINT
11-12-2009, 10:57 AM
does anyone know where i can get my PS3 fixed for quite cheap or if i can even do it myself? It turns on and then flashes yellow and then repeated red. did not have a problem until i bought the new Call of Duty yesterday

Blippy
11-16-2009, 06:54 AM
does anyone know where i can get my PS3 fixed for quite cheap or if i can even do it myself? It turns on and then flashes yellow and then repeated red. did not have a problem until i bought the new Call of Duty yesterday

You can get a cheap back street repair anywhere. Cheap as you like. But why don't read the success stories while you are there too? These "fixes" last days and they are dead again.

A professional Sony repair will cost £98 and will be guaranteed.

If it is under warranty, just log a ticket and they will deal with it.

DAVE11674
11-18-2009, 03:09 AM
I wouldnt care how big or ugly the **** behind the counter was, I would get my full amount back!

im with you mate. id of smashed my broken console over his head n said here ya bald fooker now its unrepairable.

dave

Macflame
11-25-2009, 04:38 AM
[QUOTE=grantblakey;1182954]BEWARE OF SKP REPAIR!!!!!! DANGER

Have a word with your local Trading Standards office.
The guy may not look so big when he is slapped with a 'Cease Trading' notice!
People like this should not be allowed to con people.