PDA

View Full Version : New Wii Mario Bros. is just six hours long

Zeus
10-26-2009, 04:27 AM
OMN has revealed that the New Super Mario Bros. game for Wii took them around six hours to complete. However that figure was without collecting all the star coins, of which they'd assume to take another seven or so hours to collect as well.

<blockquote>ONM has answered a bunch of reader questions about the upcoming New Super Mario Bros. Wii game, which is being reviewed all over the place at the moment. Mike finished it yesterday and loved it.

Once question deals with that all important topic of size. "It took me around six hours to complete, but that was blitzing through it and not collecting the Star Coins. That will easily add another seven or eight hours to the proceedings, because you'll obviously have to play through most of the levels again and some of the coins are in really awkward positions this time," says ONM. </blockquote>

News Source: <a href="http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=225997" target="_blank">CVG</a>

Brandogg
10-26-2009, 07:17 AM
I'm surprised it took even that long, after all it's a side-scrolling platformer, how long would you expect it to take? Anyway, the multiplayer is supposed to be the appeal anyway.

CharmedonWB
10-26-2009, 07:55 AM
I'm surprised it took even that long, after all it's a side-scrolling platformer, how long would you expect it to take? Anyway, the multiplayer is supposed to be the appeal anyway.

I was going to say the exact same thing. The original Mario can be beaten in under an hour if you bypass certain levels. It's a platformer, not an RPG. I've seen people beat Resident Evil 5 in under five hours, so six hours for Mario is pretty good. Like Brandogg said, the real appeal lies within the multiplayer. That is what Nintendo continues to highlight. The multiplayer will appeal to all age groups.

tech3475
10-26-2009, 08:09 AM
As they said, there are loads of extras to collect which should make it longer.

faceless
10-26-2009, 09:42 AM
yeah, you can beat SMB1 in like 20 minutes, SMB2 in 30, SMB3 in 15, etc... with warps. 100%ing them on the other hand...

Neglefarot
10-26-2009, 10:51 AM
Wii = Casual gaming

New SMB = Casual game

Casual game SMB + Casual gaming = lots and lots of hours and even months of "great" funplay.

Hardcore gamer + New SMB = Try it, beat it, put it on a shelf for eternity......and one day...sell it on ebay.

sonnyz
10-26-2009, 11:56 AM
Nooooooooooooooo!

I hate how developers design games these days. All they ever do is throw together some crappy gameplay thats super easy, and throw in some "collectible" objects to get high ratings on replay-ability.

You would think that a 2D-ish platformer on a DVD would be able to hold more than 6 hours of gameplay. (maybe i'm wrong but thats what I would assume)

timo1983
10-26-2009, 12:04 PM
um .........is spectator mode an option ?

i mean this could be spectator mode right ?

John Crichton
10-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Hardcore gamer + New SMB = Try it, beat it, put it on a shelf for eternity......and one day...sell it on ebay.

don't think so...

fuuuuuu
10-27-2009, 07:05 AM
20minutes for SMB1?? Your slow then lol

Try 5 Minutes

http://speeddemosarchive.com/Mario1.html

zerglin
10-27-2009, 08:56 AM
why would they make it this short? :mad: