PDA

View Full Version : Jasper hardware revisions

lwango
11-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Can anyone tell me why MS removed the GPU extention heat pipe from the 250gb deluxe models and can anyone who as opened one tell me if this is true.

lwango

DJHicks
11-11-2009, 05:37 AM
i believe its removed from all jaspers!

Mine certainly hasnt got the 3rd heat sink... and i gothe arcade after being banned...

I think its something to do with the fact it runs at only 150W, the power brick is half the lengh and weighs almost nothing!

The console i was surprised last night... was playing for around 3 hours... turned it off... after about 10 min i rememeber i wanted to see how hot it got etc...

and then fan area at the back was cold - after 10 mins... gonna cehck while its running later today...

ThreeDog
11-11-2009, 10:48 AM
Can anyone tell me why MS removed the GPU extention heat pipe from the 250gb deluxe models and can anyone who as opened one tell me if this is true.

lwango

It is true, The revised cpu/gpu produces less heat reducing the need to carry away some of it from the hotspot to a cooler area of the case.
Microsoft is confident of their changes from jasper units on the market and decided they're no longer needed.

Hope that helps.

chachakoala
11-11-2009, 03:01 PM
http://gueux-forum.net/index.php?s=&showtopic=197070&view=findpost&p=1633478

The heatpipe extension was still there on Red Resident Evil Limited Editions.