PDA

View Full Version : Bricked Wii help... please

paddy.melon
11-04-2009, 12:17 AM
OK, bricked my wii. Here's basic idea:
Bricked wii
Black screen
Drive Spinning
Haven't tried Savemiifrii (assume doesn't work)
Updating from 3.2 to... I think 4.1 (with the Conduit game [backup])
using Drivekey
No Bootmii, preloader or NAND (at one point, I did have bootmii but, I didn't backup the NAND... I only have the config file and, the armboot.bin and ppcboot.elf)

Anything you can suggest to help. I got an idea... don't know how good it will work... is it possible for me to install bootmii on my wii using a NAND programmer such as infectus 2 and, then use bootmii to install the HBC and then use Anyregion changer or something like that (or get my ECC key and, combine it with my friend's NAND dump)... well I can deal with that part? Is something like this possible? Do you have any idea of a way that I can fix my wii?

So, sum it up... basically, can I install bootmii or preloader or, something similar with a NAND programmer?
Thank you so much guys. Any contribution is a valid contribution.

tech3475
11-04-2009, 12:54 AM
Head over to hackmii.com, they are currently experimenting with the idea.

Btw is your wii NTSC? Would the hack for ssbb work? If you can get it to boot maybe savemiifrii.

paddy.melon
11-04-2009, 01:37 AM
Thanks for the fast reply. I have a PAL wii... but I have SSBB... haven't seen the SSBB hack.... I'll check it out but, I don't think that savemiifrii will work... it's a pretty bad brick from the looks of things. I sent off an e-mail to Bushing yesterday but... no reply yet. I can't seem to find anything at hackmii about this... mind providing a link?

paddy.melon
11-04-2009, 01:44 AM
The drivekey has an autoboot disc option... I didn't have it enabled before the brick but... if I put it in a friend's wii and set autoboot on... would I then be able to place it in my wii and, autoboot Universal Unbrick Disc? Or, is the IOS controlling discs corrupted if Savemiifrii doesn't work (I'm not actually sure but... too cheap to buy a GC controller to find out :P)

paddy.melon
11-04-2009, 01:46 AM
Otherwise, other option I've found is to get my friend to do a NAND dump and, take the first 8 bytes of this and, flash it to my wii... installing bootmii... is this possible or... how would I install bootmii with NAND programmer

tech3475
11-04-2009, 02:10 AM
The problem with the NAND dump is that I cant say whether it is encrypted like the rest of the NAND FS.

The autoboot may or may not work but the smash hack was only available on NTSC systems I believe.

Did you have TH installed? Maybe if the save is still there you can use that.

Putting it in your friends may work depending on when the chip activates the autoboot.

paddy.melon
11-04-2009, 02:39 AM
I used bannerbomb so.. no TH for me. How would I boot TH anyway? Autoboot. I know Drivekey keeps the autoboot saved on even if taken out (people sell them on e-bay with autoboot on for people who've bricked). So, how do i use autoboot? Do I just put it on, then use savemiifrii to boot a disc with an update on it. UUD would be good but... I changed my IOSes just before the brick happened so.. I got no cIOS (would "Last Chance Unbrick Disc" work). Wow... feel like I'm close to unbricking it with this autoboot. Thanks so much.

paddy.melon
11-04-2009, 04:03 PM
Nobody is able to help me out?
Found out more info:
http://www.wiihacks.com/general-homebrew-hack-issues/20560-warning-possible-full-brick-after-downgrade-3-2-4-0-system-menu.html

that's my brick. My idea is to flash bootmii in as boot2... but, I don't know if my wii is old enough or if it will work or, how to do it. Any suggestions?