PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Ward: Wii can't deliver on our goals

Zeus
11-04-2009, 06:29 AM
Infinity Ward has revealed that the concept of the Wii goes against the idea of Infinity Ward's iams to deliver cinematic experience. They noted that they like to be equal across all platforms and if it's not equal then they simply will not do it.

<blockquote>
Infinity Ward community manager Robert Bowling implied that the Wii’s humble hardware specs are at odds with the studio’s aim to deliver cinematic experiences.

“If we felt like we could deliver the cinematic experience we were going for on other platforms, then we would gladly move to that platform,” said Bowling.

“Right now, we don't think the Wii can deliver the exact experience that we’re doing. We like to be very equal across all platforms, and if it’s not equal then we won’t do it.”</blockquote>

News Source: <A href="http://www.mcvuk.com/news/36346/IW-Wii-cant-deliver-on-our-goals" target="_blank">MCVUK</a>

wrathchild
11-04-2009, 08:22 AM
I don't blame them. That's like trying to make a PSP quality game for the DS. It's just not possible.

gui1e
11-04-2009, 08:44 AM
Couldn't they just make a Call of Duty Karts?

CharmedonWB
11-04-2009, 08:45 AM
I don't blame them. That's like trying to make a PSP quality game for the DS. It's just not possible.

What exactly is PSP quality? The DS has far better quality games than the PSP. You are confusing graphics with quality. And Infinity Ward, if I want a cinematic experience, I will watch a movie.

sliggo
11-04-2009, 09:30 AM
Couldn't they just make a Call of Duty Karts?

nice one that made me laugh.

Brandogg
11-04-2009, 09:54 AM
That's an absolute joke. Unless you mean it's like trying to make a terrible game for DS, which surely is possible. I'm a big fan of IW, but chalk this up to pure laziness. I'm not saying they could make a WM2 on the Wii and have it look as good as the 360, but it could look *at least* as good as Metroid Prime 3 or Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles.

grapeape
11-04-2009, 10:25 AM
That's an absolute joke. Unless you mean it's like trying to make a terrible game for DS, which surely is possible. I'm a big fan of IW, but chalk this up to pure laziness. I'm not saying they could make a WM2 on the Wii and have it look as good as the 360, but it could look *at least* as good as Metroid Prime 3 or Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles.

Thats exactly the problem though, Infinity Ward can use development tools to make both the 360 and PS3 versions pretty much simultaneously the wii throws a bit of a spanner in the works because textures and game mechanics cannot really be shared and reused. Its more a matter of time and money than laziness, when you can sell 10 million on the other two going through an entirely separate development process to barely eeek out another 1 million in sales just isn't very practical from a business perspective, and in the end Wii owners would likely be disappointed anyway..look at the concessions that had to be made to bring Dead Rising and Dead Space to the Wii.

ThreeDog
11-04-2009, 10:34 AM
They would be one of the few that could make a decent amount of sales, just further fuels my perspective that nintendo have killed third party support again.

danight
11-04-2009, 10:34 AM
wii owners bend over like pc owners.....

Allow me to translate what IW said.... What they really said " we are gonna prey you are stupid, let treyarc release mw1 on the same day as mf2. This way you will think your getting mf2 when your really getting screwed. But dont worry next year we will do another crappy port job for mf2 so we can milk more money from you."

Infinity Ward: stole ideas from X4 mod makers for mwf2
They are not selling you a new game, its just a mod of a mod of a game.....Here the cow MMMMoooooo`ing yet?

So wii owners when you see all the mf2 marketing crap in gamestops bestbuys and all other retailers... look close... because cod4 mf is coming out... not mw2
funny how treyarc can do it with WaW and cod4 but Infinity Ward says it cant be done :rolleyes:

Trashcat
11-04-2009, 02:24 PM
In a way Wii got it much worse than PC, many devs and publishers believe that you can throw any crap on the Wii and it will sell enough to make it worth your while just because of the huge install base and poor games offering compared to other consoles, sadly its true.