PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360 HDMI Connection issues

frankmax
11-04-2009, 07:17 PM
I have an xbox 360 originally premium then got a replacement console. Mine does not have a hdmi connection for HD gaming. I want to get the best picture on my TV. Could anyone recomend any good quality cable, adapter or setup with minamal loss of quality I could use to get the best quality picture. I could use the original RGB lead which came with my xbox but I thought I would get better picture if I used a hdmi cable no?:confused:

saleem
11-04-2009, 08:58 PM
you would have to buy some kind of convertor for a 360 with just an av port.the convertor would attach to your av port and you would run an hdmi lead from that to your tvs hdmi port.i dont like anything bar hdmi,i was used to not having hdmi,i was running a vga lead,then was given an hdmi one and never looked back.

i got banned recently and i had to resort to an older unit i had laying round that had just av port so i could go on live,so back to vga i went.

even with my glass's on vga is pretty bad,not half as good pic or sound that hdmi delivers.

you would basicly have to go shopiing on the net looking at your options.
:)

croatoan
11-05-2009, 01:50 AM
You only have two options

VGA and Component.

While I agree with Saleem that the HDMI is considered the best option. I certainly would not say that VGA is terrible.

Alot if this is whether your TV can accept and process a good picture on these connections.

A 1080p through component on my Samsung TV produces an almost identical picture quality to my HDMI. The VGA seems to lose some colour by comparison but still very good.

Many tv's refuse to process a 1080p picture through vga and component. Component can be limited to 1080i and VGA can be limited to 1366x768 or something like that.

In reality, the 360 has more USB ports than games that actually play at 1080p, so in effect you are only seeing a dash in 1080p and nothing else.

This renders it pretty useless. Halo 3 actually has less than 720 lines.

1080i is more or less indistinguishable from 1080p in the dashboard.............................The benefits of 1080p are only really noticable in fast moving images.

All UK HDTV is transmitted in 1080i, so its not horrific is it :O)))

Dont waste money on any special convertors or cables, sell your current xbox and buy another with HDMI if it bothers you that much.

I guarantee the only real benefit you notice is a little less mess behind your tv.

tekken57
11-24-2009, 06:21 AM
It would depend on your tv. On my tv, I can view full 1080p using component cable.