PDA

View Full Version : Reggie denies Wii HD but do we believe him?

Zeus
11-06-2009, 06:42 AM
During an interview with GTTV, Nintendo's Reggie Fils-Aime stated that there is no Wii HD based on reports that analyst Michael Pachter said there would be one coming. However, it would be very surprising for Reggie to confirm such a product as obviously Nintendo will do it when the time is right. Moreover, many more senior executives in Japan have been talking about Wii HD possibilities for quite some time now.

You can listen to Reggie's comments at about 19 minutes in on <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/77?ep=77" target="_blank">GameTrailers.com</a>.

DKing
11-06-2009, 09:46 AM
I believe him because Pachter is a retard and I'm getting really tired of his 20 predictions a day. He's like the Jack Thiompson of analysts. Just stfu already and go away.

Cloudkill
11-06-2009, 10:16 AM
I figured this would be the case I just knew it, and I'm kinda happy about it need to leave it a little while longer I think!

ThreeDog
11-06-2009, 10:22 AM
Not for a second, Nintendo has Sega syndrome this is where Japan is getting ready for something and are talking while the USA half is uninformed and told to keep selling as long as it can.

This needs to happen now the Wii is a complete mess there's a mile long list of changes that need to be made, other than hardware sales which are predicted to steadily drop off the Wii is not a gamecube beater.

Neglefarot
11-06-2009, 10:31 AM
First we have to remember...Nintendo never fullfills any of his promises (there is the playstation)

Even tough they put a bluray on its console for HD game experience doesnt mean that you could play movies on it.

Thats Nintendo┬┤s way.

driojas
11-06-2009, 11:08 AM
Sega should make a join venture with nintendo, and make the new console,put together Sega/Nintendo Exclusive games,and we'll have a true contender,Sega great multiplayer , and arcade style games with nintendo's creativity(wich it's lacking of it right now) THEY COULD BE INVINCIBLE!

d33znutzEP
11-06-2009, 11:32 AM
They need to come out with a new console as people are finally starting to realize that they got fugged in the ass with nitendo basically selling them what essentially is just an overpriced Gamecube Slim.

Smart move by nitendo, just sucks that they had to screw over their customers in order to make a profit.

DaveKap
11-06-2009, 01:42 PM
I don't believe him because Nintendo has lied about many things this generation anyway, this wouldn't be a change.

I do believe him because the initial news of the WiiHD sounded too far fetched to be true.

tech3475
11-06-2009, 04:20 PM
IF it is true Nintendo will deny it to prevent the osbourne effect (a drop in sales).

grapeape
11-06-2009, 06:42 PM
Do people really think Reggie would be stupid enough to sabotage his companies sales this close to the holiday season just to confirm a rumor from a magazine? Hell none of the big 3 even tend to set release dates for consoles until the things are just about ready to ship for the same reason.

niboRasooR
11-07-2009, 12:05 PM
just like there wasnt gonna be a DSi only a few months into its release |)

The reason Reggie says so is because of the products marketing. A "Wii HD" is vague as a concept...Wii What? Wii with hard drive? what?...oh high def...and what else?

see my point? for this reason they didnt announce dsi until they had the means to jam the info into the confumers face. U cant start talking bout next years products under holidays as it will confuse consumers.