PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo: Piracy is a cat and mouse game and endless

Zeus
11-06-2009, 08:33 AM
Nintendo's Satoru Iwata has admitted that piracy on his platforms is a cat and mouse chase as all the time underground hackers find a new solution. But he noted that Nintendo will always fight legally and through technology to prevent hackers.

<blockquote>
They tend to become a cat-and-mouse chase. As the piracy itself is underground, someone somewhere finds out the solution to evade our measures. When we shut one hole of the mice, they have dug a new one somewhere else.

“We have acknowledged that this is an endless battle, and we believe the best measure is to keep fighting it technologically and legally.

"As for the details of specific measures, I'll refrain from disclosing them here, as this conversation will be public online and the pirates will be able to find. I will however promise to keep acting legally and technologically, with patience.”</blockquote>

News Source: <a href="http://www.mcvuk.com/news/36390/Iwata-Piracy-is-an-endless-battle" target="_blank">MCVUK</a>

GT-RRR
11-06-2009, 08:45 AM
In conclusion, stopping piracy is like asking someone to count every single grain of sand from a mansion, it's impossible no matter how you look at it.

ThreeDog
11-06-2009, 09:10 AM
It's a cat and mouse game but Nintendo only has three legs.
Nintendo Mistakes:
1. Letting in drive modders so easily without properly revising the security system.
2. Lack of effort in the Wii online service, If games were patchable they could of closed the first software exploit easily.
3. Lack of effort in the firmware, Rather than shutting these things down nintendo revises the IOS system, shoddily deletes homebrew on firmware update and blocks apps based on strings that can be changed whenever the developer wants to.

stanleyopar2000
11-06-2009, 09:18 AM
It's a cat and mouse game but Nintendo only has three legs.
Nintendo Mistakes:
1. Letting in drive modders so easily without properly revising the security system.
2. Lack of effort in the Wii online service, If games were patchable they could of closed the first software exploit easily.
3. Lack of effort in the firmware, Rather than shutting these things down nintendo revises the IOS system, shoddily deletes homebrew on firmware update and blocks apps based on strings that can be changed whenever the developer wants to.

wanna give em more bright ideas genius??

yes, Nintendo is the mouse....and we are the cat!!

ThreeDog
11-06-2009, 10:03 AM
wanna give em more bright ideas genius??

yes, Nintendo is the mouse....and we are the cat!!

Nobody at Nintendo seems to know what they're doing so sure why not, If given the choice of title we'll skip the whole CEO thing i'll take Threedog, Supreme Overlord of Nintenduh instead.

My first act will be to find out who made the Wii Vitality Sensor and ask why it's not big enough for the western wang.

MadonnaProject
11-06-2009, 10:52 AM
Not to mention it also exposes your products to markets who otherwise would not be using it.

Pirates spend more money buying actual games (special editions and such) than normal people do.

Pirates may download the game but will pay for satellite facilities to go with the gake aka xbox live.

Piracy is healthy and a necessary evil. Someone tell microsoft that who had everything going for them. Now will probably end up last this gen.

QrafTee
11-06-2009, 01:26 PM
And right now the PS3 is the Robotic Cat... but soon enough the mouse will figure out how to out maneuver it... just like Jerry did in that one Tom and Jerry episode.

tech3475
11-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Maybe if the companies did things properly in the first place it wouldn't happen!!!

The Wii was flawed and Nintendo didnt care enough even when the hackers told them about a flaw

The 360 was hacked by the linux guys but piracy started because they used an industry standard DVD connection rather than something propitiatory.

The PS3 is so far the only console to have no piracy besides game sharing (which is limted to 5 people I believe per game). Reasons why?:
Good security
Supports Linux OOTB- source of some of the best hackers, these guys created the xbox 1 scene but they have little reason to hack it besides maybe wanting access to the RSX.

osnoozeo
11-07-2009, 07:33 AM
you know what, **** Nintendo! plain and simple. they were giving so many chances to stop all these usb loaders etc. bushing gaving them ample warnings and tried to help them many of times! and they snubbed there fucking noses at him and everyone else. now they wanna cry wolf! **** them and there shitty ass console.

Xenogears V
11-07-2009, 10:05 AM
Damn. CUT PRICE. Peopley can't spend 60€ damn money each game. Sometimes for game that finish in four/five hours.

grapeape
11-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Not to mention it also exposes your products to markets who otherwise would not be using it.

Pirates spend more money buying actual games (special editions and such) than normal people do.

Pirates may download the game but will pay for satellite facilities to go with the gake aka xbox live.

Piracy is healthy and a necessary evil. Someone tell microsoft that who had everything going for them. Now will probably end up last this gen.

Way to reach...the study about Pirates buying more was actually referring to music. I'd really like to meet one of the pirates who buys more games...I have never met one. All the ones I know will occasionally buy a clearance title to say the "own" it but on average have very few legit games. Hell half the people I know with PSP's for instance have no umd's at all.