PDA

View Full Version : Old System NAND to new system NAND

Cloudkill
11-06-2009, 08:41 AM
Hi hope anyone can help!

Ok So I have just bought a limited edition black Wii, as my other Wii had a fall and kinda broke, I can get it to boot up but it looks scruffy and the front panel broke off so I though I'll buy a new one but I haven’t been on the Wii for a while and I noticed my new Wii came with 4.2E firmware installed(Ahh came to mind) so I googled about last night to find that hacking 4.2E was allot easier than the old days with TP hack.

So I've installed the Homebrew Channel on my new Wii, and now I noticed that I could not link my Wii shop account to the new Wii (I’m assuming I have to unlink from the original Wii) but what I would like to do is update the old Wii to firmware 4.2E, and install HBC, then I would like to install an app that will copy my original Wii's NAND and then I would like to backup my new Wii's NAND!

BUT here is the scary part that I don't know if I can do, I would like to put the old Wii's NAND onto my new Wii so it would be like I never changed Wii's, then I would like to put the new Wii NAND onto the old Wii so it's like a new Wii, because then I can buy a new case and repair the old one.

Now if some one could help me find the apps or even tell me if it’s possible that would be great thank you.

PS This is basically so I can use my Wii shop games and stuff that I have purchased on the new Wii, and give my sister the refurbished old Wii.

Thanks allot for your help!

tech3475
11-06-2009, 09:13 AM
NEVER do a NAND swap as it will just brick the system.

Make a WAD backup of your games from the old system and install them using wad manager. I dont know how to make a backup so try google.

Cloudkill
11-06-2009, 09:19 AM
NEVER do a NAND swap as it will just brick the system.

Make a WAD backup of your games from the old system and install them using wad manager. I dont know how to make a backup so try google.

Ahh I figured this might be the case, oh well I'll look into the wad manager backup thingy, also will I be able to link my nintendo account to my new Wii if I unlink from the old one? sorry I keep asking questions I would have assumed you could have more than one Wii linked your club nintendo account it just seem silly that you can't.

Thanks allot mate!