PDA

View Full Version : restoring 20gb harddrive image...

DJHicks
11-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Hi folks i backed up my hard drive last week in view to restore it on the drive once im banned...

i got banned... upon putting the harddrive on the pc i saw that partition 1 was empty, when i backed up there was a 1.6gb file and a 800 mb file... these are missing now...

something to do witht he currpt part of things me thinks...

anyways i have the good image...

i select restore and it does the business....but once the bars full it just stays there at the restoring device

the box is still selectable etc so its not frozen... i went out and came back to it still sitting there!

i clicked cancel and the drive appeared to be back to how it originally was with the 1.6gb and the 800 in the partition 0

i dnt have an unbanned box through yet to test its working...

anyone else have any ideas? should i format the 360 drive and then restore the image?

thanks for any help and suggestions!!!

chachakoala
11-11-2009, 02:51 PM
try alternate software like the datel xport software. Don't worry about the size message thing.
Actually, i think your drive is successfully restored.
The ban flag is not on the drive but on the nand chip.

DJHicks
11-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Hi there, thank you for replying...

the harddrive is running fine even tho the restoring device message just got to the end and didnt change... after a about an hour i just pressed cancel...

my cod6 saves are working (formly from a backup) and now playing happily on a legit box for now...

that ban message that appears definatly does more specially with it deleting the contents of my partition 0

thank goodness i backuped up the day before!