PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions About My SoftMod Wii

doodah
11-16-2009, 12:54 AM
So I softmodded my 3.1 wii a little while ago with the guide I found on this site(wont let me post the link because of my post count).

everything works fine except for a few issues.

first is i cant access the homebrew channel. i can get into the channel's menu but when i click to browse it says its returning me to the HBC. it also said something about checking codewii.com and when i did, it had an internal sever error, so maybe HBC is offline?

next is when i tried to play my PAL version of Smash Melee, the screen went all fuzzy and turned black and white(this did not happen when i put in an NTSC GC disk in). WTF? Do I need to hold a button or some shiz?

also, ive been reading about these new security measures coming out with new super mario bros wii. do i need to dl a file for this game to be played(as well as all future releases)? and if i do, do i just upload it to my SD card?

and finally, can someone point me to some FREE software so i can backup(copy, not get torrents and burn them to disc, seriously i cant figure out how to copy my wii games to dvd >.<) my library of wii titles?

thanks a bunch if any/all of these questions can be answered.

spooky37
11-16-2009, 02:56 AM
What cios revision are you using ? What backup laucher are you using ?

Upadte your homebrew channel to the latest version. Update your cios to rev 14 and your backup laucher to neo gamma rev 7. If you want to play new super mario (and more than likely alot of new up coming games) you will need cios rev 15 (which is said to be very buggy at the moment) and neo gamma rev 8 beta 10.

doodah
11-16-2009, 03:04 AM
cios36 and cmios installer rev3

my homebrew says its 3.1

i assume the AIO tool kit i used is out dated?

spooky37
11-16-2009, 03:09 AM
Look's that way.

Just update your system with the above mentioned stuff.

doodah
11-16-2009, 04:25 AM
thanks alot spooky, its working now(HBC).

now does anyone know of any software thatll back up my actual wii games?

and can i even play PAL GCN games without it turning 1987 on my ass?