PDA

View Full Version : Good 1TB hard drive

THEROCKER
11-16-2009, 03:50 AM
Im after a 1TB hard drive, theres a few on Amazon, for about £60, anyone have any recommendations to a good one ?

Cheers

tech3475
11-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Western Digital is suppose to be good and I have had no problems with samsung. I would avoid Hitachi since they tend to have problems.

However, check if backup launcher supports 1TB and that 1TB tends to be slower than smaller drives, although if its over USB this may not be an issue.

THEROCKER
11-16-2009, 12:38 PM
Cheers, I`ve read plenty of posts on diff forums from people who have said they have 1TB drives so I presume Backup launcher can handle them, just havent been able to get make and model Info.
If there are two brands of drives. Im the person that would buy the wrong one lol (Unlucky Alf) :rolleyes:

THEROCKER
11-17-2009, 05:58 AM
Well I got the drive this morning a WD 1TB Elelemnts, cant get the damn Wii to see It.

I have all the relevent stuff on the Wii homebrew and the loaders

I looked for tuts on how to format It, but not sure If Im doing It right...
Do you have to format the whole drive In fat 32 first, then make the other partions Into raw ones, then format them In WBFS.

I have spent several hours trying diff things with no luck Grrrrr

Used Windows disc maNager to make the partitions a small one fat 32
then two 490 odd ones raw, and formatted them with WBFS, put a game on, Wii cant find USB, tried both USB ports.

Finally got It working

Cheers