PDA

View Full Version : Wode shows off its Wii WiFi capabilities

Zeus
11-17-2009, 08:58 AM
The guys behind the WODE have released a new vide. (a modification device for Wii). The allows external hard drives with multiple file systems to be hooked up to the Wii as well as allowing the loading of backups, and the new video shows off its WiFi capabilities.

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VqenmphPFxo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VqenmphPFxo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center></a>

[ACF]Umax
11-17-2009, 10:56 AM
Video doesn't work in Germany...

vandalisthero
11-18-2009, 06:35 AM
I know this is only a proof of concept, but it's too slow and just all around seems like a bad idea. Not sure if it's because the hardware is in the early stages or if WiFi is just too slow for this kind of thing, but I'd bet on the latter. That, and why bother when there is already a much faster, easier to install and FREE solution available (USB Loader GX)? Definately a step backwards.

technolust
11-30-2009, 04:31 AM
I know this is only a proof of concept, but it's too slow and just all around seems like a bad idea. Not sure if it's because the hardware is in the early stages or if WiFi is just too slow for this kind of thing, but I'd bet on the latter. That, and why bother when there is already a much faster, easier to install and FREE solution available (USB Loader GX)? Definately a step backwards.

WODE is far from a step backwards. nintendo can not block this deivce from running your games no matter what system update they bring out. no more dicking around with patches ios's and botched Cios's it will rip your games from disk to hdd, wode does for the Wii what the superwildcard 32dx did for the snes