PDA

View Full Version : 360 RRoD (Error Codes varying with X-Clamp fix)

ground_sniper
11-17-2009, 10:08 AM
Xbox 360 turns on (flashing green light only) for about a minute, and then goes to the RRoD. Error Codes produced change after each X-clamp adjustment on the GPU chip (using x-clamp fix) from E08, E09, and E10. The main reason I'm posting for help, is due to the lengthy time it takes for the green light to change to RRoD and the variation of the error code produced. Is there hope for the 360? I've tried about everything I can possibly imagine doing.

E08: Unconfirmed: General I/O Malfunction, could be caused by an error with any of the I/O devies such as A/V port, USB, Hard drive, DVD drive, etc. over torquing of the AV or heatsync bolts can cause this error.

E09: Unconfirmed: This can be caused by two completely different things either:
A. DVD Drive Time out - Can be caused by problems with a firmware flash. This is also speculated to sometime be caused by a problem with the southbridge chipset on the motherboard based on how it connects to the DVD drive.
B. GPU error, generally caused by a poor connection to the mainboard (cold solder joints/bridged solder joints) See error E18 for more information

E10: Unconfirmed: CPU error, generally caused by a poor connection to the mainboard (cold solder joints/bridged solder joints). This can also be triggered by an error with the TSOP.

remek
01-03-2010, 08:43 AM
Xbox 360 turns on (flashing green light only) for about a minute, and then goes to the RRoD. Error Codes produced change after each X-clamp adjustment on the GPU chip (using x-clamp fix) from E08, E09, and E10. The main reason I'm posting for help, is due to the lengthy time it takes for the green light to change to RRoD and the variation of the error code produced. Is there hope for the 360? I've tried about everything I can possibly imagine doing.

sounds like who ever did the RROD fix didnt do it right ... i never had xbox 360 till i bought one from ebay just to try the RROD fix.

now done 3 all perfect flashed 2 of them to 1.61 as well not a days hassle with them since.

like some one said you get these people who need tut`s then do not follow them thinking they know better.

1. i follow the guide`s
2. i bought heat gun & cooked the board like on youtube
3. put it all back togther like the tut says & hey presto all 3 worked perfectly.

cant be any easier than that ... unless ypu think you know better.
tbh the over heat method to me was a non starter not even worth trying.
yes xbox gets hot but as hot as the heat gun i think not .
If your gonna do sommit do it right or not at all.