PDA

View Full Version : British Queen leads the fight against digital piracy

Zeus
11-18-2009, 08:24 AM
The Queen's speech has revealed plans of the UK's Governmental plans to combat piracy as part of the digital economy bill. The new plans involve a two stage process, firstly in educating users on file-sharing and secondly sending illegal file-sharers warning letters.

<blockquote>The UK Government has detailed its plans to combat piracy as a part of its Digital Economy Bill.

The proposed bill was revealed during The Queen's speech, and involves a two-stage process. Firstly, the Government will attempt to educate users on file-sharing, and those that are identified as illegal file-sharers will be sent warning letters.

Failing that, the Government will be given the power to disconnect persistent pirates, which will be introduced in 2011.

More details on the bill, which will also discuss ways of improving broadband infrastructure in the UK, will be revealed on Friday.</blockquote>

News Source: <A href="http://www.mcvuk.com/news/36557/Government-lays-out-piracy-battleplan" target="_blank">MCVUK</a>

tech3475
11-18-2009, 08:47 AM
Did the queen actually write that or did the stupid Scottish idiot just hand it to hear?

They may try to halt piracy but people will find ways around it, in fact why dont they concentrate on crimes which actually affect more people who arent giving them donations?

Piracy is a crime, but there are bigger fish to fry.

phallius
11-18-2009, 09:08 AM
"The Quee's speech"

On the front page. Can someone please pay attention to spell check? You'll NEVER be "picked up" if you write like a second grader. You're site could be sold for millions to the AP or some other news org. But, instead it's typos galore and no offers to pick up maxconsole. Wonder why? If someone did by this place out, they'd fire all the writers. That would be the FIRST thing I would do. :eek:

kcvfr400
11-18-2009, 09:11 AM
Given the short time until the next election its unlikely they will get this on the statutory books anyway. And then when the other party get in it will take time again to get it through.

o PUMPKINHEAD o
11-18-2009, 09:16 AM
"The Quee's speech"
You're site could be sold for millions to the AP or some other news org.:eek:

Your schoolboy-esque grammatical errors, whilst criticising others' mistakes, is amusing.

ufc-pride
11-18-2009, 09:42 AM
In the words of Joe Rogan......

You can't beat the internet baby!:D

billysastard
11-18-2009, 09:54 AM
the Government will be given the power to disconnect persistent pirates, which will be introduced in 2011.

luckily we will get the chance to disconnect this corrupt government in 2010 :D

guess the movie / music / games industry will have to start lining the pockets of a whole new bunch of politicians from early next year because lets face it given all the problems in our society the only reason crap like this gets mentioned is because of corruption because the electorate couldnt give a flying fcuk about a bit of piracy compared to all the other ills that need fixing.

tech3475
11-18-2009, 12:04 PM
screw the brit queen!

By saying brit I assume you are non british in which case it doesnt affect you anyway and she is just told what to say by the PM.

kama
11-18-2009, 12:15 PM
You're site could be sold for millions ... If someone did by this place out, they'd fire all the writers.
No comment.

wrathchild
11-18-2009, 12:55 PM
"The Quee's speech"

On the front page. Can someone please pay attention to spell check? You'll NEVER be "picked up" if you write like a second grader. You're site could be sold for millions to the AP or some other news org. But, instead it's typos galore and no offers to pick up maxconsole. Wonder why? If someone did by this place out, they'd fire all the writers. That would be the FIRST thing I would do. :eek:

Who really gives a crap? It's not like the majority of the readers here are smart enough to catch them anyways. Too many fanboys. Oh and by the way, You're is actually suppose to be Your.

MadonnaProject
11-18-2009, 01:48 PM
This dumb b*tch needs to fukk off to her pointless existence of using taxpayers hard earned money to jet around, throw parties and go hunting.

Just because you are a failed, and in this day and age unnecessary royal title does not mean you need to speak on subjects you have no clue about. You stupid, out of touch c*nt.

KingPepper
11-18-2009, 01:56 PM
"The Quee's speech"

You should learn to spell yourself before criticizing others, i think you mean "Buy". :D

bonsc
11-18-2009, 03:53 PM
The day i cant download is the day i downgrade my broadband packages as i don't see the point off paying all this money for a fast connection when i cant do nothing but open web pages

Maniax
11-18-2009, 04:11 PM
More details on the bill, which will also discuss ways of improving broadband infrastructure in the UK, will be revealed on Friday.
That's the trick... instead of increasing network bandwith they narrow down user count by disconnecting. Haha, fools. They need a very good reason for that... oh, wait. o_O

KingPepper
11-20-2009, 12:48 AM
That's the trick... instead of increasing network bandwith they narrow down user count by disconnecting. Haha, fools. They need a very good reason for that... oh, wait. o_O

Sadly your going to be right about that, especially as the British (English) government are in trouble financially, so no way of improving the infrastructure of our networks. :(