PDA

View Full Version : Firmware Advice 3.2u. I wanna play the new Super Mario Bros. Must i update firmware?

krushin
11-21-2009, 09:17 AM
I'm Trying to play a lot of the latest Releases but i havent updated my wii since 3.2u. I have an argon chip and also already have homebrew. anyway to play GH5 and Mario without updating firmware? can anyone help me? if i have to update the firmware whats the best firmware to update to and how without using Nintendo online method? I also havent updated the Argon chip.

tech3475
11-21-2009, 10:11 AM
install IOS 53, 55 and 38 using dop-IOS and I believe mario needs a patched main.dol

krushin
11-21-2009, 10:52 AM
Do the ios install only once? So need to update firmware? How do I Patch the main.dol on a mac? Also where can I download ios? Will I need to boot this with a homebrew app or can I just burn it after I patch?

tech3475
11-21-2009, 01:45 PM
Do the ios install only once? So need to update firmware? How do I Patch the main.dol on a mac? Also where can I download ios? Will I need to boot this with a homebrew app or can I just burn it after I patch?

1) you only need to do this once unless a new IOS file comes out that you need
2) I dont know, I havent tried
3) use DOP-IOS
4) I dont think so as long as you block the updates using either preloader or starfall.

spooky37
11-22-2009, 03:16 AM
You do not need to install anything, just patch your iso using the method described in the below link and your game will play fine off disc with your current system menu.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=189802