PDA

View Full Version : noob questions: had wii for a while now

drcrappants
11-22-2009, 03:42 AM
im considering modding it. i just ebayed a twilight princess for the twilight mod which seems to be the easiest/best way. is there any danger i need to be aware of? i have no idea what this bricking gibberish is but it does not sound good and i'd like to know the risks before doing so.

also, i do not know which version of wii i have. any ideas on how to find out?

thanks

skirocket
11-22-2009, 06:06 AM
To find out the version of your Wii's FW go to Wii Options - Wii Settings, the FW version is in the top right hand corner, depending on what you have you can follow either of these guides below to safely mod your Wii..

3.1 - 4.1 Fw Guide (http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-guides-tutorials-only/16970-new-3-1-4-1-softmod-any-wii.html)

4.2 Fw Guide (http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-guides-tutorials-only/24630-full-hacking-guide-4-2-system-menus.html)

Also neither of these guides require the twilight hack so i wouldn't bother buying the game just for the exploit.

drcrappants
11-22-2009, 02:40 PM
sdlkfjsklajdfkl darn i already bought it. i could not figure out if those new methods were for softmodding or for other homebrew stuff that i am unfamiliar with.
aospkfdaspokfodkfssf

thanks, i'll check those out. is there a "best" way or is it dependent on version?

prso
11-26-2009, 12:58 AM
3.1 - 4.1 Fw Guide

4.2 Fw Guide

hi there , i softmodded my wii about 3-4 months ago and im having problems with nfs underground it keeps freezing during game play then gets all blocky and starts reappearing on the screen in blocks so im thinking of remodding it especially with the new super mario problems, so my questions are as follows

1. can i simply use 1 of the softmods above, obviously depending on what fw im on, or dose it depend on what i have softmodded my wii with

2. can i reset my mod easily and start again, start a fresh mod, if so whats the best way , really dont wanna muck up my wii , cheers