PDA

View Full Version : Retail version NSMB working on wiikey 1??

UchihaByakuya
12-05-2009, 08:21 AM
Hi, I'm wondering if the retail version of New super mario bros will work on wiikey 1.

It's too annoying to wait for an update from wiikey and I don't want to take the risk of breaking my wii by installing software on the wii or something like that.

So my question is: Will the retail version work on wiikey1 without the disc read error coming? Has anybody actually tried it? I only want confirmation from somebody who has actually tried it, not speculation.

My wii is a PAL version.
thanks

snake2
12-05-2009, 09:43 AM
I played my retail copy fine using neo gamma because I did not want to update

UchihaByakuya
12-05-2009, 10:18 AM
What happens when you update?

1lLuMin4tI
12-05-2009, 10:52 AM
What happens when you update?

You'll be on a higher FW, if you're currently not on 4.[something], and some homebrew apps may be rendered unusable.

UchihaByakuya
12-06-2009, 06:45 AM
You'll be on a higher FW, if you're currently not on 4.[something], and some homebrew apps may be rendered unusable.

Thank you, but I didn't mean that. I know that that the firmware will go higher.

What I meant was, will there be any risks for my wii? Cause I've heard that some older back ups won't work anymore should you update. I think that my firmware is 4.2.

so the retail version will work?

rlvbrussel
12-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Hi

I have a wiikey v1 and retail mario and it work great.
:):):):)

1lLuMin4tI
12-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Thank you, but I didn't mean that. I know that that the firmware will go higher.

What I meant was, will there be any risks for my wii? Cause I've heard that some older back ups won't work anymore should you update. I think that my firmware is 4.2.

so the retail version will work?

I haven't been around the Wii Scene for a while, but afaik 4.2 is the newest FW. So by updating it shouldn't harm your Wii in any way.
You can play the retail version through Neogamma too, the launcher will skip the updating part!