PDA

View Full Version : Video: Look away Nintendo, WODE is being produced in Asia right now

Zeus
12-16-2009, 07:59 AM
The guys behind the new Wii mod that will give Nintendo another headache have released a new video of their WODE mod in production. If you ever wanted to see how such a device gets made, then the video is now showing inside.

<center><object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L2VpHQacndI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L2VpHQacndI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object></centeR></a>

ando2k5
12-16-2009, 08:47 AM
softmod ftw :p

kurze
12-16-2009, 09:56 AM
softmod ftw :p

Yea im enjoying my softmod very much. I like the last quote. Oh, I love the Chinese. Interesting stuff...

JonathanD
12-16-2009, 07:03 PM
I am still not entirely sure I would want or need a Wode... but this was a very very cool video and I give it two thumbs up!!!

Made me want one even though I probably do not need one lol

bluto20
12-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Hello. I am 12 years old and what is this?

zecht
12-17-2009, 08:10 AM
Hello I'm 29 years old and it's the Wii Optical Disc Emulator. Takes the place of the DVD drive in the Wii and allows Wii/GC games to be loaded from USB storage. Basically something that should have been released for the GC and not the Wii which doesn't need such a device.

The video is now showing inside.

dvader2009
12-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Thanks to believe in us! lol I love broken English..
I give them props though, I can't speak broken Chinese.

And nobody cares how old any of you are.

Captain N1
12-17-2009, 09:21 PM
there is not really a point in getting thses mod chips when u can just softmod. Anyone who updates their wii thats softmoded is a moron.

also let see them make a hardware nand emulator. Then u can have all wii ware on a hard drive. lol oh wait triiforce already does this.:p

IBNobody
12-17-2009, 11:32 PM
there is not really a point in getting thses mod chips when u can just softmod.

Softmods are great but they have their limitations. Take Metroid Prime Trilogy. You couldn't play the game in 480p using a softmod when the game came out. Only people with real discs or a hardware modchip could play it that way. I'm not sure if the softmod teams fixed the problem yet, but it was there for at least 3 weeks.

Is it worth the money? Maybe. If I was given one free, I would install it.

acdreign
12-19-2009, 08:09 AM
Anyone who updates their wii thats softmoded is a moron.

So I have two scenario's for you to respond to then:

1) What about all the people who have purchased Wii's that ship with firmware 4.2?

2) What about people who came home to find someone thought they were being helpful and updated your Wii?

Yes the Wii softmods are cool and all, but some users will always have a valid use for the hardware mods. Generally speaking without hardware mods the softmods would never exist, or would take much longer to get to market.