PDA

View Full Version : J-TAG questions

frankmax
12-22-2009, 10:01 PM
I have not got a clue when it comes to xbox hacking but I will try. So i have a pre summer firmware guessing its an xenon since i have no hdmi cable.

1) Is this a softmod or is there also soldering involved and if so how much?
2)Is there like a quick install loader/package which does everything for you?
3)how complicated is it for somebody who has never opend up an xbox before? (1-10)
(4) Is it really risky?
(5) roughly how many operations are involved when doing this?

thanks

conners
12-23-2009, 03:54 AM
I have not got a clue when it comes to xbox hacking but I will try. So i have a pre summer firmware guessing its an xenon since i have no hdmi cable.

1) Is this a softmod or is there also soldering involved and if so how much?
2)Is there like a quick install loader/package which does everything for you?
3)how complicated is it for somebody who has never opend up an xbox before? (1-10)
(4) Is it really risky?
(5) roughly how many operations are involved when doing this?

thanks

1) Yes and a fair amount
2) Yes XBRebooter
3) 9
4) Yes could brick your console
5)Soldering the Jtag, Solder the Flaher (Build if you not already got one) Dump firmware few times, Compare files, prepare new firmware, flash new firmware, fully test

not_starman
12-23-2009, 01:01 PM
The difficulty depends on which version of the xbox you have. The oldest version is quite simple but the hdmi has a single surface mount point that you have to solder a point to.

In terms of killing the xbox its a very hard thing to do. All of the points are non crucial and far from other components.

You do need to be careful in getting a good flash. Read the nand at least 3 times and make sure that they are identical. From that point on then its completely safe. BTW be sure to remove the fuse burning resistor.

matt186
01-09-2010, 05:47 AM
Google '4 steps to flashing Xbreboot'

sexyali
01-22-2010, 11:28 AM
i'm thinking of having someone do this for me./

akey83
02-05-2010, 06:17 PM
no need to, i did it myself and im a totally noob when it comes to soldering and stuff.. just study tutorials...

diygadget
04-13-2010, 06:47 PM
you can google for tutorial first, if you feel comfortable then try it! It is also a good learn experience!

spandaman
04-27-2010, 01:12 PM

If you are in the uk then i am willing to help you out m8 just pm me