PDA

View Full Version : Need real help ( new with wii ) please help me

Chaseer
12-24-2009, 08:36 PM
Sorry to post on your post , im brand new this wii thing ......
i just install HomeBrew but channel coming up there is nothing on it if someone help me i really thank full please help me out :(((

Wii 4.2 U
install via SD card

pskim
12-24-2009, 09:28 PM
Sorry to post on your post , im brand new this wii thing ......
i just install HomeBrew but channel coming up there is nothing on it if someone help me i really thank full please help me out :(((

Wii 4.2 U
install via SD card

HB Channel is there so that you can read applications from your sd card. If you don't have anything on your sd card the channel will obviously not read anything because there is nothing to read. You basically have to make folders like "apps" for programs of .dol and "wad" for the wads that you might want to install on your wii for .wad extensions.

Benjamin_Jones
01-03-2010, 02:38 AM
Hi all.

I cannot post a new thread, apparently have to do at least 3 replies first.

Anyway, I'm looking at buying a new Wii console. Any particular serial number ranges I should avoid? I've been wading through this forum and now more confused than I was a few hours ago...

I'd like to not chip or do hardware mods, only for a child to use. From what I've read around on forums, the chipsets give issues later on with software conflicts and such.

Lastly, I 've seen some SoftMod programs around, any in particular I should avoid or consider?

You can mail me or post some links that can assist me.

Many thanks and a happy new year from sunny South Africa!

Benjamin.

tech3475
01-03-2010, 03:00 AM
Hi all.

I cannot post a new thread, apparently have to do at least 3 replies first.

Anyway, I'm looking at buying a new Wii console. Any particular serial number ranges I should avoid? I've been wading through this forum and now more confused than I was a few hours ago...

I'd like to not chip or do hardware mods, only for a child to use. From what I've read around on forums, the chipsets give issues later on with software conflicts and such.

Lastly, I 've seen some SoftMod programs around, any in particular I should avoid or consider?

You can mail me or post some links that can assist me.

Many thanks and a happy new year from sunny South Africa!

Benjamin.

First of all welcome to Maxconsole. Secondly, couldnt you have posted somewhere else e.g. in a news article of something?

Generally newer wiis including the black wii are supposed to not easily read discs and cannot be downgraded below a certain system software.

However, software wise they are all vulnerable and can after some effort get the usb loader.

Generally the best units are below the US serial number LU64+ because they are vulnerable to most things, I cannot give the SA equivelent however.