PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Problems-USB Backup Loader

shanker34
12-31-2009, 09:08 AM
I am a complete newbie so please bear with me. I just got my first WII for Christmas and I have the newest version of firmware, 4.2U.

I purchased the Brewii package online and everything seems to work fine except the USB Backup Loader application. I can't seem to find any help for this application. I followed all of the instructions and am using a flash drive that is compatible. When I format it using WBFS Manager it formats it successfully.

I plugged the Kingston drive into the RIGHT USB port in the back of the WII as instructed. The SD card (2 GB) is in the WII with the appropriate files (from the A1 download)

Everything goes smoothly until the last step...When I go to* USB Loader GX, the screen just goes black and the system seems to freeze up. I have to restart it to get it to work.

My goal is to simply backup the games that I just purchased and use the USB loader instead of the actual disks.

Anyone have any suggestions for this app? I'm at a loss.

pskim
12-31-2009, 09:49 AM
I am a complete newbie so please bear with me. I just got my first WII for Christmas and I have the newest version of firmware, 4.2U.

I purchased the Brewii package online.............

I'm sorry I am not able to answer your question, but you BOUGHT something that you can get for free online? Well, if it worked for you than it's fine but the things that are in the package that you bought are most definitely are available for download for FREE.

edit:
I think you might have to install one of the custom ios. I'm not sure because I don't use the USB loader.

noobiiwiier
01-01-2010, 09:25 AM
I think you might have to install one of the custom ios. I'm not sure because I don't use the USB loader.
Read here for instructions on installing the custom ios.
gwht.wikidot.com/ios249
:confused: It looks like a bit much at first but just go slowly step by step.

tech3475
01-01-2010, 10:19 AM
IF you paid for any of this you HAVE been ripped off and should demand your money back.

kurze
01-01-2010, 08:02 PM
I plugged the Kingston drive into the RIGHT USB port in the back of the WII as instructed. The SD card (2 GB) is in the WII with the appropriate files (from the A1 download)

Everything goes smoothly until the last step...When I go to* USB Loader GX, the screen just goes black and the system seems to freeze up. I have to restart it to get it to work..

The Wii system is real finnicky with sd and external harddrives. For example my external sea gate didnt work but my external maxtor did work. ( I think sea gates dont work at all ) but they both formatted to wbfs just fine. Also if you use usb loader gx forwarder you need to have a specific file in a specific folder. Hence you will get a black screen because it cannot find the file on the sd card.

Also with sd cards it acts funny. After a updating a couple time through usb loader gx my setting/ ocarina cheats will longer not function within usb loader. I would have to delete the config folders and config everything again within usb loader. Also my sd card will is not be recognized in the wii system menu but everything else works just fine.

I would try a different external hd first.