PDA

View Full Version : evil red flashing light D:

__tristan
01-09-2010, 06:27 AM
ok the story that killed my hopes and dreams.... i wake up one morning... reach over to turn on my ps3 ready to get into playin.. green light.. :D ...yellow light :| ... red light flashin... :O wtf? so i turn it off... and i do it again, the same thing happens again and again so i cant turn it on! guess what i left in my ps3? Assassin's Creed II. NOOO so i call up sony and ask them about it, since i bought it in 2007 i have to pay 150 to get it fixed up! D: , i might as well get a new slim cos i have a messed up 40gb fatty. ye im also 14... its gona be a loooong time till im playin again.

ThreeDog
01-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Sorry to hear of your troubles, if its any consolation you can probably strip the PS3 of its PSU and sell that for a bit assuming that's not the problem.
You could also extract the laser/lens if its good that should get you $40+ depending on which model it is.
Failing that you could sell the whole thing, maybe someone can reball it or fix whatever problems your console has.

tastybrownies
02-05-2010, 11:47 PM
I had the red light on my first ps3 i got on ebay. They sent me a new one for free, haven't had a problem since a couple years back.