PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding wii backup manager and wbsf files

Darth Jax
01-11-2010, 10:08 AM
Hi there, I have a fully up and running softmod 4.2E and have set up the CFG USB Loader to run games from my passport harddrive. What I have noticed with some games after I have converted to wbsf format is that the file size is decreased and the resolution and quality of the graphics has decreased.

I noticed with darkside chronicles and mario kart that the file sizes went down (from 4gig to about 2.49 - no file split just 1 single file for each game) and the graphics were blurry - was just wondering if this was a side effect of the backup manager process or maybe the rip of the games I have or I am not doing things correctly. Any ideas?

And secondly how do you play the wii ware and virtual console games, do you just transfer the .wad across through the backup manager like you do with the other games.

Thanks in advance

tech3475
01-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Hi there, I have a fully up and running softmod 4.2E and have set up the CFG USB Loader to run games from my passport harddrive. What I have noticed with some games after I have converted to wbsf format is that the file size is decreased and the resolution and quality of the graphics has decreased.

I noticed with darkside chronicles and mario kart that the file sizes went down (from 4gig to about 2.49 - no file split just 1 single file for each game) and the graphics were blurry - was just wondering if this was a side effect of the backup manager process or maybe the rip of the games I have or I am not doing things correctly. Any ideas?

And secondly how do you play the wii ware and virtual console games, do you just transfer the .wad across through the backup manager like you do with the other games.

Thanks in advance

1. try looking in the settings to see if there is any issues. I have been using USB loader GX and IOS 222 I have not noticed any difference
2. using wad manager to install wiiware/VC stuff, of course I assume you legally own these as this site prohibits the talk of piracy. wads go in SD:/wads folder

Darth Jax
01-12-2010, 12:28 PM
1. try looking in the settings to see if there is any issues. I have been using USB loader GX and IOS 222 I have not noticed any difference
2. using wad manager to install wiiware/VC stuff, of course I assume you legally own these as this site prohibits the talk of piracy. wads go in SD:/wads folder

Yes the games are my own (wii and vc) its how I noticed the discrepancy with the graphics, I looked in the options in cfg and there are things I can play about with as well as my wii settings - will see if they have an effect.

Thanks for your reply, cheers