PDA

View Full Version : EA: PS3 and 360 will extend Wii motion sensing market

Zeus
01-12-2010, 03:45 PM
According to EA, the new motion sensing technology which is set to feature in the PS3 and Xbox 360 will reach audiences that have so far been untouched by the Wii. However, do you think it will actually take away the potential Wii audience?

<blockquote>In an exclusive interview with MCV, EA Europe’s senior VP Jens Uwe Intat has claimed that the upcoming Xbox 360 Natal and PS3 Motion Controller will reach audiences left untouched by the Nintendo Wii.

"The new controllers from Sony and Microsoft will allow two things," he told MCV. "They will allow new game experiences for existing players.

"But they will also allow what Nintendo has achieved to some extent, and that is to get new people into gaming – people for whom a traditional controller is not the most natural way to play, for people who are much more comfortable using something more intuitive. I think they will expand the audience even further than Wii and the Wii Remote Controller.</blockquote>

News Source: <A href="http://www.mcvuk.com/news/37070/Natal-and-Wand-to-reach-beyond-Wii" target="_Blank">MCVUK</a>

CharmedonWB
01-12-2010, 04:33 PM
I remain unconvinced that the PS3 or the 360 will grow the market anymore than Nintendo already has. It is not just motion sensing that has grown the market for Nintendo, but motion sensing coupled with relatively "simple" games. I do not see Sony nor MS aggressively going after this market.

msanchez
01-12-2010, 05:59 PM
I remain unconvinced that the PS3 or the 360 will grow the market anymore than Nintendo already has. It is not just motion sensing that has grown the market for Nintendo, but motion sensing coupled with relatively "simple" games. I do not see Sony nor MS aggressively going after this market.

I beg to differ, if they are talking about the motion control market, as opposed to the video games market in general, then I think they are right. The motion control market will indeed grow to at least a little bit more thanks to the many hypocrites on the ps3/360 side who have been bashing the hell out of the wii motion controls and will be all over the ps3/360's offering like bird poop on my car after I wash it..... damn birds; we'll see who has the last laugh when I install that AA Battery on my roof.

nexistjamais
01-12-2010, 07:19 PM

Yeah, I don't think that most third parties or MS/Sony 1st parties even know how to make an old-school arcade-oriented game anymore. Closest third party game I own to that is Madworld. Great game. Fun gameplay but the content is too quirky for to catch on beyond a niche.

msanchez
01-12-2010, 11:43 PM
Yeah, I don't think that most third parties or MS/Sony 1st parties even know how to make an old-school arcade-oriented game anymore. Closest third party game I own to that is Madworld. Great game. Fun gameplay but the content is too quirky for to catch on beyond a niche.

Again, they are talking about motion sensing market I assume, so it doesn't have to be anything remotely arcade, or it could. It could be a platformer, it could be a FPS (could be? who am I kidding.. I can already see 9999999999 of them being released in the first few months), it could even be a paint app; anything is go as long as it uses motion sensing.

iLLNESS
01-13-2010, 02:02 AM
well, if m$ allows indie games or xbla games to use motion sensing, then it don't matter there will always be basic fun games for natal. some of the best xbla games are so basic it's not even funny, yet they are so addictive.