PDA

View Full Version : Next Wii will not be just a HD upgrade says Reggie

Zeus
01-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Speaking to CNBC, Reggie Fils-Aime has revealed that the next Wii will not simply be a HD uprade but will also add more compatibility. And boy will the Wii need it with the motion sensing coming up from Xbox and Playstation.

See the full interview at <a href="http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1384701517&play=1" target="_blank">CNBC</a>

ThreeDog
01-15-2010, 12:44 PM
Speaking to CNBC, Reggie Fils-Aime has revealed that the next Wii will not simply be a HD uprade but will also add more compatibility. And boy will the Wii need it with the motion sensing coming up from Xbox and Playstation.

See the full interview at <a href="http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1384701517&play=1" target="_blank">CNBC</a>

Did you view the video you posted Zeus? Reggie talked about Nintendo's partnership with netflix and expanding the Wii as an entertainment platform.

Reggie said nothing about the Wi HD or compatibility.

sykonist
01-15-2010, 01:57 PM
Did you view the video you posted Zeus? Reggie talked about Nintendo's partnership with netflix and expanding the Wii as an entertainment platform.

Reggie said nothing about the Wi HD or compatibility.

Did YOU watch the whole video or did you just want to be a ****?

Actually, Reggie says specifically, and I quote,

3:51 - 4:12

"In terms of what the future holds, we've gone on record to say that the next step for nintendo in home console, will not to be to simply make it HD, but to add more and more capability, and we'll do that when we have totally tapped out all of the experiences for the existing wii, and we are nowhere near doing that yet.."

CZroe
01-15-2010, 01:59 PM
MaxConsole fails again. What additional "compatibility" could they add other than random crap like VCDs and DVD movies? SACD? LaserDisc? A slot for cartridges? :rolleyes: If you can't come up with an answer to that question that doesn't sound totally ridiculous, then you need to see if you heard it correctly in the first place.

ThreeDog
01-15-2010, 02:15 PM

"In terms of what the future holds, we've gone on record to say that the next step for nintendo in home console, will not to be to simply make it HD, but to add more and more capability, and we'll do that when we have totally tapped out all of the experiences for the existing wii, and we are nowhere near doing that yet.."

I actually watched the whole video and missed it :o
What he said and what i heard were two different things, i assumed he was plugging his current product and expanding its capabilities.
No i honestly wasn't trying to be a *x[4 i honestly thought i was right :p

Next time i will watch the video twice, sorry Zeus :)

MaxConsole fails again. What additional "compatibility" could they add other than random crap like VCDs and DVD movies? SACD? LaserDisc? A slot for cartridges? :rolleyes: If you can't come up with an answer to that question that doesn't sound totally ridiculous, then you need to see if you heard it correctly in the first place.
And a modfail :p

They could always add GC/Wii BC and some codecs i guess.

CZroe
01-15-2010, 02:23 PM
And a modfail :p

They could always add GC/Wii BC and some codecs i guess.

Yeah, but I guess it already has that... but what could they ADD? You know, as in ADDitional? ;)

cafevincent
01-15-2010, 06:16 PM
Damn. I was jumping to the roof thinking that their next system would be more compatible, meaning not only backwards compatible with games made for their previous generation system but another generation too.

In this case I was hoping this news was a confirmation that Wii 2 would be compatible with Wii (& GameCube) games with (hopefully) 720p upscaling for them. Perhaps even DS/DSi compatibility. But after seeing the video (capable, not compatible) I was like oh noes!

So there was nothing new in the video, everybody knows their next system will be a huge leap forwards in terms of graphics and controls (aka the obvious capability upgrades).

I mean modern graphics chips with over 10x the power of PS3 or 360 chips cost maybe 10$ to produce these days. And daring controller pioneering is commonplace for Nintendo with each generation.

So the bottom line is: Shame on you for posting this completely useless news and giving people false hope. And shame on you for still keeping the critical misprint in it. This is a perfect example of shameful journalism.

Almighty_Peanut
01-15-2010, 06:57 PM

nah. i notice a trend with threedog's post. i don't think he even reads the posts, just posts "omg zeus you idiot! you're terrible at this." nobody is forcing anybody to read/post/whatever here. if you don't like it, go to joystiq

ThreeDog
01-15-2010, 07:39 PM
nah. i notice a trend with threedog's post. i don't think he even reads the posts, just posts "omg zeus you idiot! you're terrible at this." nobody is forcing anybody to read/post/whatever here. if you don't like it, go to joystiq

Excuse me when did i call Zeus an idiot? Answer: i haven't.
My intention if i was correct was simply to have Zeus post the correct video not to bash him.
I disagree with Zeus on his MGS4 comment/suggest a game has more gameplay and screw up once and suddenly its a trend?

For the record i do click and read, I'll even go and have an extra look around on the interesting ones, you never know when the source has it wrong.. like the Iwata wii is failing article.

Yeah, but I guess it already has that... but what could they ADD? You know, as in ADDitional? ;)
Hmmmm Blu-Ray Drive? Toaster? Electronic Nut Cracker? ;)

Almighty_Peanut
01-15-2010, 07:41 PM
Excuse me when did i call Zeus an idiot? Answer: i haven't.
My intention if i was correct was simply to have Zeus post the correct video not to bash him.
I disagree with Zeus on his MGS4 comment/suggest a game has more gameplay and screw up once and suddenly its a trend?

For the record i do click and read, I'll even go and have an extra look around on the interesting ones, you never know when the source has it wrong.. like the Iwata wii is failing article.

Hmmmm Blu-Ray Drive? Toaster? Electronic Nut Cracker? ;)

you've said it in a lot of older posts. i may not post here but i read it a lot. i called you out on it awhile back but i'm too lazy to go back. that and it's friday night.

actually.. maybe it was another user. obviously i don't read carefully enough. sorry :)

Xenogears V
01-16-2010, 08:02 AM
Oh yeah. I want my gameboy 8 bit in HD.:rolleyes: