PDA

View Full Version : Modern Warfare 2 gets knocked off top spot by... Just Dance!

Zeus
01-18-2010, 08:43 AM
Amazingly, Just Dance has managed to halt Modern Warfare 2's 9-week surge at the top of the UK charts! No one would have predicted that this title would have been able to do it, but it's encouraging news for third party developers on Wii.

<blockquote>
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2’s run, which has so far lasted nine weeks, had to come to an end eventually – but hardly anyone would have predicted that Ubisoft’s Just Dance would have been the game to do it.

It claims top spot in the ELSPA GfK-ChartTrack All Formats Top 40 thanks to a 114 per cent increase in sales. ChartTrack point out that the game debuted at number 100 in the listings just seven weeks ago.

Since than it has been hot-stepping its way up the charts for some time now, climbing from 12th to seventh to third over the last few weeks. The news also pours scorn on the idea that (correctly targeted) third party Wii exclusives can’t succeed on the modern market.</blockquote>

News Source: <A href="http://www.mcvuk.com/news/37181/UK-CHARTS-Just-Dance-ends-MW2-run" target="_blank">MCVUK</a>

XviD
01-18-2010, 08:47 AM
Wow.
Owned :D

SLAYERPSP
01-18-2010, 09:39 AM
wow people in the UK like crap the game got a 2 out of 10.
I could try to talk about the visuals or the sound or sloppy way the game grades your dance moves, but I just don’t have the strength. It’s attention that the game, quite simply, doesn’t deserve. Do not buy this game. Do not rent this game, do not look at this game on the shelf, don’t even think about this game lest someone at Ubisoft find out and they prep a Just Dance 2. Such would be the end of all things, mark my words. review from ign.Attaching BS diversions like elimination or red light/green light to the same basic idea doesn’t really add variety, it only serves to remind the player that they've paid to act like an idiot. not in the top ten in the USA thank god for that.
All songs are open from the start. There’s nothing to unlock, nothing to gain and no one to save you from beating yourself to death with your own Wiimote when this dawns on you after shelling out $40.

tech3475
01-18-2010, 10:19 AM
Have you thought that maybe its the casual gamer who would like this and they dont want to have to unlock stuff?

Take Mario Kart, I only ever play that when I am with friends/family and wish that the multiplayer maps were unlocked by default so I could enjoy them.

I wont comment on the game since I havent seen it and/or any reviews.

msanchez
01-18-2010, 04:23 PM
The world is truly going to hell in a handbasket. "Just Dance"? I mean honestly.

Almighty_Peanut
01-18-2010, 09:54 PM
just dance is pretty intense. i was playing it with my family on christmas (mom, sister, wife, bro in law, etc) and i had to strip down to my tightie whities. unfortunately, it did not help my score in the end.

JonathanD
01-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Not to play the numbers game but with the system base that the Wii enjoys, even crap is going to start selling better then many games released for the PS3 or 360... (even when you combine them both)

tpepsiman
01-19-2010, 05:23 PM
the kids & gf love this game lol

not relly into it my self but i'm crap at dancing.

fred_yu_job
01-20-2010, 04:05 PM
I love this game, as well as my wife.
we are not gamers, I don't like Mario games, I can't play Rock Band, and I hate COD.
but we, non-gamers also have right to play games! and we are usually the people who can decide which game a family can buy.
I think from my point, core-gamers can understand why this game gets so low score in almost all the gamer web sites, but still beat COD off the top.
I gave this game a score 9, and, for sure, I bought it!

When a score 2 game beat score 9 game down, what do you question? the market or the reviewer?

msanchez
01-20-2010, 07:44 PM
...When a score 2 game beat score 9 game down, what do you question? the market or the reviewer?

none, or both. Don't say you're a non-gamer though, you are playing a game... as *BLEEP* *BLEEP* and *BLEEP* as it is, it's a game nonetheless. Personally though, the market is what's changed... well I've never cared for reviewers actually, what the hell makes their opinion important to me anyways? The fact remains that a dance game is beating out an according to many great game; that's just weird, and for some of us it could even be kinda scary given how money hungry some people are.

thefatastronaut
01-20-2010, 11:15 PM
Well...its because most casual gamers have a Wii....anyone seriously wanting to play MW2 would probably get a PS3 or a XBox-360.