PDA

View Full Version : Need a Recomendation plz

FireBeast
01-21-2010, 09:22 AM
Hey all!

I've been reading alot here but I coudln't find an solution for my problem. I have a wiikey chip on my wii with an update of 2 years ago or so and I updated my wii recently trying to fix the problems to 4.2E using the nintendo update system. (I know it was kind of risky but I was hopping it could fix) =/

I bought my wii on Australia so it is a PAL system but my last tv only accepted NTSC games so I only downloaded them. It was fine.. until yesterday....

I just bought the band hero bundle and when I tried to play it on my wii it just went black screen.. i was ready with the guitar hero 5 ntsc already burned and tried to play aswell no way.. same thing... rock band.. same thing... then I updated the wii. I think I was 4.0.. not sure though....

I'm able to play my old backups (PAL) from Australia nowadays on my new tv. So with that in mind I downloaded guitar hero 5 PAL and rock band PAL.. I was able to play guitar hero for a few minutes but it keeps giving me disk read error... same with lego rock band that doesn't even start.

Anyone knows anything that I should do to fix this?

Obs: I got homebrew channel installed but I'm not using it for anything.

Thanks a lot for reading. ANY HELP will be appreciated.

tech3475
01-21-2010, 09:58 AM
you need to softmod either with startpatch or preloader to enable region free.

Also, I recommend installing bootmii as boot2 first and doing a backup in case of brick.

FireBeast
01-21-2010, 11:01 AM
you need to softmod either with startpatch or preloader to enable region free.

Also, I recommend installing bootmii as boot2 first and doing a backup in case of brick.

Thanks for the reply!

Do you think the disk read erros can be caused by region problems?

I saw this startpatch after posting here.. it looks kind of awesome... I'll try it at home for sure.

tech3475
01-21-2010, 12:01 PM
All I know is that system menu 4.2 blocks certain aspects of modchips, region settings is one of them.

FireBeast
01-21-2010, 01:10 PM
All I know is that system menu 4.2 blocks certain aspects of modchips, region settings is one of them.

ohhhh.. ok! thanks! ;)

FireBeast
01-22-2010, 09:36 AM
I just keep having problem with any homebrew that I try to install.. i put them correctly on the SD bring on the HBC and after starting the homebrew it allways some error...

I was unable to install any patch of StartPatch because after initiation I have to select an IOS, i tried a few and nothing worked. What should I choose? I'm not sure what is going on! =/

plz help again! :D

thanks

tech3475
01-22-2010, 09:42 AM
try either of the following:
1. Install CIOS
2. run DOP-IOS and install a patched system menu IOS (IOS 70 for 4.2)
3. Install an older IOS e.g. 30 using wad manager.