PDA

View Full Version : Custom "Gamesave" Screen?

axlbrujo
01-21-2010, 10:12 PM
First of all, I want to say Im sorry of my SO broken english... I hope this thread would be actually "Readable"...

Well, there is this guy who did an eBoot of a PS1 Game (RE2 Dual Shock Ed.), and I looked something... 'strange': The Gamesave screen in the XMB, has it's own Background and music.

I send him a PM, unfortunately, he is one of those "I kn0wz everything and u d0nt lololol!" guys, so, I didn't receive any good answer.

I think maybe you guys know something about this: Do you know how to change (or add) the "Gamesave" background and music on XMB?

Thanks in Advance

Xenogears V
02-02-2010, 12:51 PM
You can re made the eboot.bpb with psx2psp 1.4.2.

You can find that tool in thread stiked here.

Go here:
http://www.maxconsole.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42238

Search to resident evil 2...(I don't know if there is what you want). There are complete packet with sound and icon loop.

axlbrujo
02-04-2010, 03:54 PM
You can re made the eboot.bpb with psx2psp 1.4.2.

You can find that tool in thread stiked here.

Search to resident evil 2...(I don't know if there is what you want). There are complete packet with sound and icon loop.

Actually, I found the way... But it's a joke (I mean this because I though that it was some "Advanced POPs hack of DA's-thing", but nope...). I was backing up my gamesaves to free some space on my MS, and I remember that the "Resistance" gamesave had a video, background and sound. I did open the folder and found that the folder has this files:

-Folder
-gamesave file
-pic1.png
-icon1.pmf
-snd0.at3

I downloaded the Savegame provided by the uploader (with all unlocked) and have the gamesave file, pic1 and snd0.at3 (Like I said, a complete joke for what I was thinking).

But actually made me think in other doubt...

Is there a way make that the savegame automatically put the gamesave file, pic1[...], without do it manually?
That really took my attention (kinda...)

Casper88
02-15-2010, 09:34 AM
Afaik there's no way to automatically have the icon/snd0/pic1 generate in the savedata folder, over a load of saves it would just be a waste of space on the memstick anyway, even though it looks cool :)

rhys_mcg
03-16-2010, 01:48 AM
Yes it is a pain i agree. I Just get that dracula picture instead of the real gamesave icon! What i plan to do is finish the game, then do some work on the gamesaves.

Xenogears V
03-16-2010, 02:17 PM
Yes it is a pain i agree. I Just get that dracula picture instead of the real gamesave icon! What i plan to do is finish the game, then do some work on the gamesaves.

Icon must be 80X80 pixel.