PDA

View Full Version : 360 Keeps Freezing

jay123_2
01-28-2010, 05:58 AM
Hi guys need a little help my 360 keeps freezing when it starts to get warm ive used silver thermapaste using the origanal clamps this didnt fix it... Then i used my x clamp Kit of a spare 360 see if i could solve it that way even tho they was no red lights but after changing the clamps still the same freezes after 1 min then if you try it again be lucky to get to the dash without freezing let it cool right down and it lasts longer up to 1 min
lost me this 1 has lol still shows green lights all the way no reds ???

thanks again jay:D

brews
01-28-2010, 07:50 PM
give it time, it'll rrod. I had a similar issue, freezing, but no rrod, then eventually it did.

jay123_2
01-29-2010, 04:14 AM
cheers brews cheer me up some more :D Its just strange that a xclamp kit didnt solve the issue
ive done a few red light fixes but this 1 puzzling me
thanks again jay :D

give it time, it'll rrod. I had a similar issue, freezing, but no rrod, then eventually it did.

brews
01-29-2010, 11:40 AM
I'm not trying to sound like a pessimist, more that you should just treat it like a rrod, and repair in that direction. I'd recommend a reflow if you can. That squeezed another 8 months out of mine. Haven't touched it since it relapsed. I should do that though...

adammark
01-30-2010, 02:26 AM
I'm new to the xbox scene...just purchased a 360
I'm just curious to know if I can burn some old xbox games and play on the 360? I'm pretty doubtful but thought it would be worth asking. Thanks!

croatoan
02-20-2010, 02:56 AM
I've RROD fixed a few consoles , well fifty odd with an xclamp fix.
The only ones I have ever had back or refail are e74 and freezing problems, I wont touch them.

They need a proper reflow with proper kit, not a heat gun.

Did someones a few weeks ago, think it was sound no video but cant remember. Returned as e74. Told them I would look at it but told them it would refail eventually, lasted nearly a month.

Slap the warranty sticker on and return to MS..................best option. Unmod your drive and hope.

E73 is a pain also, I just send them back as e74.

alexjems41
03-19-2010, 05:02 AM
I have certain ways to stop my Xbox 360 from freezing up,
* if your Xbox 360 keeps freezing up, is to switch off the system for some time in order to allow it to cool down. After that you can restart the system.
* Take your Xbox 360 off your book rack, TV set cabinet or whatever place that has little space for the air ventilation whether you are playing it or not. This might just be the solution for your problem as you're now helping the cooling mechanism of Xbox 360.
* If the Xbox 360 still freezes up as frequent, then you might want to try setting up your Xbox 360 near a window where there is a natural environment where air flows much faster.

modchipsrus
03-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Hi guys need a little help my 360 keeps freezing when it starts to get warm ive used silver thermapaste using the origanal clamps this didnt fix it... Then i used my x clamp Kit of a spare 360 see if i could solve it that way even tho they was no red lights but after changing the clamps still the same freezes after 1 min then if you try it again be lucky to get to the dash without freezing let it cool right down and it lasts longer up to 1 min
lost me this 1 has lol still shows green lights all the way no reds ???

thanks again jay:D

The board needs to be reflowed on a jig m8 dont bother using xclamp bolts' just use a syringe with rosin flux under all the chips & reflow this will sort the problem :)

tech
05-18-2010, 11:22 PM
GPU Heat Sink modified with a Low Profile Video Card Fan. Fits perfect!! Power tapped from Xbox fans. I have not had a single heat issue after this mod.