PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Chief unimpressed with iPad, call it just a bigger iPod

Zeus
01-29-2010, 06:04 AM
The big boss of Nintendo has shrugged off any potential threat from the iPad by claiming that it delivers no surprises and is essentially just a bigger iPod Touch.

<blockquote>Nintendo's president shrugged off the just unveiled iPad tablet computer from Apple as delivering "no surprises," and displayed as little enthusiasm for 3-D technology and high-definition upgrades for games.

"It was a bigger iPod Touch," Satoru Iwata said of the much anticipated device shown Wednesday by Apple Inc. CEO Steve Jobs.

Iwata denied speculation in Japanese media that what Nintendo Co. has in the works in new gadgets may be a DS equipped with a motion-sensor similar to the wand for Nintendo's hit Wii home console, or a Wii upgraded for high-definition TVs.

"I question whether those features would be enough to get people to buy new machines," he said of the DS. Nintendo engineers are developing new machines, he said, without giving details.</blockquote>

News Source: <A href="http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Nintendo-chief-unimpressed-apf-3699157755.html?x=0" target="_Blank">Yahoo</a>

DAVE11674
01-29-2010, 08:20 AM
how the **** can nintendo talk

they are #1 spot for releasing the same product in a diff case
ripping off cunts

just look at teh nintendo DS line up lol

bunch of split ass jokers lol

release a nintendo ds, 1 year later relase the ds lite, exact same machine in a smaller caser. 1 year later dsi, exact same machine with a bigger screen. now they are on about releasing the SAME machine with a slighlty bigger screen

lol
tossers

dave

nestortoy@hotma
01-29-2010, 10:23 AM
... Just like they said HD gaming wasnt important....

EL_CAD
01-29-2010, 11:39 AM
... Just like they said HD gaming wasnt important....

I guess they were right, since they have already won this gen of console.

I'd rather they be honest with the resolution that their consoles can do unlike Sony who promised all games in 1080p.

At least the Wii has USB ports, unlike the iPad with requires more dongles than KFC has spices.

unwanted
01-29-2010, 12:38 PM
and what is the DS XL.... OMG its a DS with a slightly bigger screen... DER!

doxology
01-29-2010, 12:46 PM
the ipad is unimpressive. even the tech blogs are bashing it with some even recommending that people not purchase it to show apple they need to do more.

http://gizmodo.com/5458382/8-things-that-suck-about-the-ipad

nambit
01-29-2010, 02:54 PM
and what is the DS XL.... OMG its a DS with a slightly bigger screen... DER!

The difference is the DSi XL, LL, whatever is advertized as the same product,
only bigger and only as a gaming device. Nothing new.

The iPAD is being touted as something revolutionary, NEW, exciting, etc etc.
I mean, c'mon, it's ALL OVER THE NEWS.

There's a big difference here.