PDA

View Full Version : You guys are my last hope

jpeezel
02-02-2010, 12:20 PM
HELP! Please ...

Exchanged my Xbox to a modded Wii, this was about 2 yrs ago. I am now having some problems with some new games (e.g. New Mario), so I am assuming is time to do an upgrade on the firmware. I have tried WiiKey 1 and 2, and also tried the cyclowiz updated. Wiikey one at least went completed the test but it didn't complete the update.

I did open the box to see, but no sings of what kind of chip it is. I am really trying to avoid replacing the chip since the old one is nicely soldered.

update: searched on wikipedia ... and compared all available chips out there. I couldn't find on that matched mine.

Attached is a pic of the chip:

tech3475
02-02-2010, 01:17 PM
I have done a quick look around, it may be a fake/cheap clone since I can get chips which look like it but not the same chip, the PCB also looks of particularly low quality compared to most chips I have seen.

Your solutions are to either:
1. Try something like neogamma to boot NSMB
2. Try a softmod e.g. a softloader or USB loader
3. Get a new chip with BCA detection such as the wiikey 2.

kurze
02-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Thats definitely not a wiikey, even the knockoffs looks legit. yea i would softmod your system.......

jpeezel
02-03-2010, 12:31 PM
I really appreciate the help ... I will give the Neogamma a shot and see what happens.

If I used a solder-less chip would I need to remove the current one. I am kind of scared to start pulling wires.

Thank you very much!

hanz
02-04-2010, 06:07 PM
I really appreciate the help ... I will give the Neogamma a shot and see what happens.

If I used a solder-less chip would I need to remove the current one. I am kind of scared to start pulling wires.

Thank you very much!

I'd ditch chip and go for softmod. Just leave it as it is and softmod instead, that way all your backups will boot with less hassle and quicker from USB.

I have a chipped wii, yet I havent put a disc in it for over a year.:p

Master747
02-08-2010, 12:28 AM
Just find a guide out there on how to install USB loader gx, it's what I use. It has frequent updates and a nice GUI.

jpeezel
02-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Thanks guys ... got the homebrew/neogamma install and is working great.

I really appreciate:D all your help!

Shadowlord3000
02-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Try something like neogamma to boot NSMB

U shoudnt have traded the XBOX 360 for the Modded Wii anway gl tho

tech3475
02-09-2010, 10:55 AM
U shoudnt have traded the XBOX 360 for the Modded Wii anway gl tho

Or it's the original Xbox which can be had for £10-30 and is easily modified.