PDA

View Full Version : Tecmo Koei loses $20 million, blames it on Wii

Zeus
02-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Tecmo Koei has announced that it has made a loss of 20 million dollars in its third quarter. The company cited poor sales of its Wii games for the big loss.

<blockquote>Koei Tecmo posted a 1.84 billion yen ($20.4 million) loss in its third quarter, blaming the results on poor Wii sales of Samurai Warriors 3. The publisher's major Wii title, despite star power support from Miyamoto and others, failed to attract Japanese gamers.
</blockquote>

News Source: <A href="http://thewiire.com/blog/post/6207-tecmo-koei-posts-20m-loss-blames-wii-despite-miyamoto-support" target="_Blank">TheWiire</a>

rddr
02-02-2010, 06:41 PM
Fix the headline, its the wii games, not the Wii itself.

CharmedonWB
02-02-2010, 07:34 PM
Solution...make better games.

SLAYERPSP
02-02-2010, 08:10 PM
that dance game sold well and its pure crap so it doesn't have to be good to sell

nambit
02-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Fix the headline, its the wii games, not the Wii itself.

You know this is MaxConsole right? They hate the wii here, so any negative wii
related news (no matter how insignificant it is to the console itself) will have its headline exaggerated.

But yeah, so they lost due to Samurai Warriors 3, which apparently no one cares
for, regardless of console.

iLLNESS
02-02-2010, 09:45 PM
You know this is MaxConsole right? They hate the wii here, so any negative wii
related news (no matter how insignificant it is to the console itself) will have its headline exaggerated.

But yeah, so they lost due to Samurai Warriors 3, which apparently no one cares
for, regardless of console.

maxconsole also hates the 360 and the ps3. atleast, i see negative articles with misleading titles just the same as this.

Brandogg
02-02-2010, 11:08 PM
I'd say blame yourself for making *another* friggin' Samurai Warriors game. Also, didn't SW3 come out on PS2 like 7 years ago? Oh, it was called Dynasty Warriors back then. They've been making the same game for a decade, of course it's gonna sell like crap.

EL_CAD
02-02-2010, 11:24 PM
Each Samurai Warrior game sells less and less with each new release. Maybe the fans have just wised up and are waiting for the Xtreme Legends version.

msanchez
02-02-2010, 11:54 PM
maxconsole also hates the 360 and the ps3. atleast, i see negative articles with misleading titles just the same as this.

If only I was lazy enough to search for every single "maxconsole hates (insert console)" post. I wonder who would have more?

Oh and tecmo... shut it! make better games, or aim them at the correct crowd; just take responsibility for you folly. On positive note, at least they didn't say Itagaki cursed them.

Captain N1
02-03-2010, 12:15 AM
these publishers are all full of ****. when nintendo is loosing profits do they blame the wii. no they jsut admit they need to inovate. GEt your **** together and release a game that plays and looks as good as mario galaxy anf crystal bearers then well see. untill then STFU.

DjoeN
02-03-2010, 01:52 AM
It's not the Wii, It's the Games and Tecmo Koei itselfs.

Stop producing crap games and start research in what ppl want.
Bring new concepts and new ideas, not rely on old succes and
jump the wagon with other mainstream games.

Look at Ubisoft with "Just Dance" not great, but big fun with friends.
Nr: 1 game in the UK.

Iwata
02-03-2010, 09:18 AM
You think they'd learn to stop remaking crappy games.

Last game I liked from the Koei side was Gitaroo Man Lives on the PSP, which is sad.

The Tecmo side is a bit better, but when they don't have a new Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive, or Fatal Frame to go on, there really is not much else for them.

My suggestion: localize Fatal Frame 4 for Wii and see how decent games sell on the Wii.

Tyrael
02-03-2010, 10:32 AM
My suggestion: localize Fatal Frame 4 for Wii and see how decent games sell on the Wii.already done... too bad it's a unofficial patch.

WoIverine
02-03-2010, 04:00 PM
They could use current gen (not wii version) new Rygar game as well as another Ninja Gaiden would be nice. FFS, hire Itagaki back and fire the company president, let Itagaki run the place.