PDA

View Full Version : Converting a .MAX file to a .PSV

tastybrownies
02-05-2010, 11:55 PM
Hello all, I was wondering if someone wouldn't mind converting this .MAX file for me into a .PSV and posting it up here again.This would be a huge help to me, won't ask for another thing ever again,lol.

I know someone has to know how to do this, or has the current setup right.

Here is the .MAX file contained within the .rar file. BTW it is a file for the game espn nfl 2k5, if that matters.

Xenogears V
02-06-2010, 10:08 AM
Hello all, I was wondering if someone wouldn't mind converting this .MAX file for me into a .PSV and posting it up here again.This would be a huge help to me, won't ask for another thing ever again,lol.

I know someone has to know how to do this, or has the current setup right.

Here is the .MAX file contained within the .rar file. BTW it is a file for the game espn nfl 2k5, if that matters.

From Sony Official Forum.

The PSV game save file has a digital signature and nobody has figured out how to write (create) one except Sony. The MAX game save format is a Datel compressed format (crushed) and it has to be uncrushed to be put back on a PS2 memory card. The easiest thing would be to use a PS2, get a MAX uncrush program disc, uncrush all the MAX game saves to a PS2 memory card and use the PS3 memory card adapter to save them to the PS3. This does mean having a PS2 or knowing somebody that will let you use it and going out and getting a Datel MAX product with the MAX utility disc. These always end up being a mini-CD and it might work on the PS3 but it would be risky trying to put that in the drive, although the manual says the PS3 drive will accept the mini-CD. There is a Datel Get Connected that is about $10 that has the MAX utility disc. The other option is if somebody would do that and just upload the PSV to Gamefaqs beside the PS2 MAX game save.

tastybrownies
02-06-2010, 04:13 PM
None of my friends or I own a Ps2 anymore. That is why I posted this here, just in case anyone would want to be SUPER nice and convert this for me in their spare time.

I've seen it done on other forms where it can be converted.