PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo puts a stop to demo availability on WiiWare

Zeus
02-13-2010, 08:12 AM
Nintendo has confirmed it has stopped its trial of offering Wii demos via WiiWare. Asked whether it will make a return, Nintendo commented that they are looking at the results and will be deciding their next steps.

<blockquote>In November last year Nintendo was testing out demos in the shop channels. Allowing people to get a taste of such titles like World of Goo, Pokemon Rumble and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord for free.

These demos have now been stopped and Nintendo has confirmed that the demo, demo has ended. When asked if WiiWare demos would make a return Nintendo said; "We're looking at our results and deciding our next steps."</blockquote>

News Source: <A href="http://meodia.com/news/644/wii-ware-demo-trial-ends/" target="_Blank">Meodia</a>

tech3475
02-13-2010, 08:33 AM
Oh well.....lets just pirate the games instead to try them out.

Signa
02-13-2010, 08:52 AM
Oh well.....lets just pirate the games instead to try them out.

Lol so true. I bet they saw a decline in sales when the demos for those games were released.

grapeape
02-13-2010, 01:00 PM
Sadly the only ones I have actually purchased are two of the demos, thats the one thing I have liked about live over any of the others, at least 99% of the time I can test them out first.

dragonjud
02-13-2010, 01:21 PM
There's so much shovelware in their store front that they realized once people tried them, they would never buy it. I know I've made at least one purchase where I definitely wanted my money back.

I've cut back my purchases to 'must haves' and things that have gotten very high review scores from all media.

QrafTee
02-13-2010, 02:48 PM
The problem is that so many Wii gamers who know how to download demos probably have their Wiis softmodded and don't want to get on WiiWare anyway.