PDA

View Full Version : Analyst: Nintendo needs to cut price of Wii to $150 right NOW!

Zeus
02-17-2010, 09:57 AM
Some analysts have sent out a warning that Nintendo need to slash the price of the Wii to $150. This is due to the fact that competition is going to severely increase with the imminent arrival of the likes of Project Natal and Arc.

<blockquote>We believe Nintendo needs to cut the price of their console from $200 to $150 immediately, as they should establish as meaningful of an installed base as possible before the Natal and Arc are introduced. We believe they also need to generate strong hardware sales momentum into their competitors release or face the draconian consumer perception of the Wii having a dramatically reduced entertainment value proposition over a faded technology innovation; Rock Band anyone?"</blockquote>

News Source: <A href="http://www.industrygamers.com/news/wii-cycle-to-fade-meaningfully-in-2010-aggressive-price-cuts-needed-says-analyst/" target="_Blank">Industrygamers</a>

xcxv2
02-17-2010, 10:04 AM
shut the **** up

Sal
02-17-2010, 10:35 AM
shut the **** up

I second that

CharmedonWB
02-17-2010, 10:51 AM
The Wii is outselling the DS and everything else these days...wtf are these jack@sses talking about? Who is to say that these motion controls will garnish anymore sales than what we are seeing now? You do not start cutting prices until the market lets you know that it is the economic sound thing to do. What type of education did these analysts get? But then again, having been in the industry, I know that these analysts are supposed to have opinions even when they do not need to have one.

grapeape
02-17-2010, 11:00 AM
Anyone else think that dropping it to $150 now would be disasterous? It might shift some consoles now but upon release of the other 2 motion controls it will appear as if they are admitting their console is somehow inferior. The better strategy IMHO would be to wait until they come out and steal their thunder with a price drop or even better a new bundle...

billysastard
02-17-2010, 11:06 AM
when the wii is outselling both its competitiors combined (almost) every month nintendo have no reason at all to reduce the price, as for arc and natal taking sales from nintendo, could be the opposite if people buy arc or natal and like them but get bored with nothing but ports of nintendo dross they might fancy playing some decent games with motion control and that would mean buying a wii.

put4558350
02-17-2010, 11:21 AM
When Project Natal (~$75 to $130)
need xbox360 ($199 - assume don't need hdd)

And Dildo ($39 to $49 each)
need ps3 ($299) and eyetoy ($39)

Cut price ?
Yes but it's might not a good timeing.

Nintendo have Mario g 2, Zelda, Metroid Other M.

Also "STRONG" title (in tba) like
- The Last Story (Mistwalker + Hironobu (Final Fantasy), Nintendo)
- XenoBlade (Nintendo + MONOLITHSOFT)
- Dragon Warrior X

NaTaS666
02-17-2010, 12:52 PM
I whould like to see nintendo drop tha bomb in E3 that will cut to 99$

Just to shut these morons... and sell even more. :D

Not happening but whould be funny.

Xenogears V
02-17-2010, 02:04 PM
Yeah, sell for free.:rolleyes:

CharmedonWB
02-17-2010, 02:48 PM
I whould like to see nintendo drop tha bomb in E3 that will cut to 99$

Just to shut these morons... and sell even more. :D

Not happening but whould be funny.

From a financial standpoint it would be disastrous for the Wii to drop below the DS. I know you said it as a goof but I think in the long run it would hurt because perceived value is always affixed into price. Besides, the GC is $99 and can be found cheaper. $175-150 would be the next logical cut and that should not happen until the 360 and PS3 consistently sell higher. Price cuts are supposed to be used as momentum shifters. Right now, the momentum is still with the Wii.

elko
02-17-2010, 04:38 PM
So, what will happen? New Console, some nice Goodies, a good Game with the Package. Its like the Run on DS-Lite and DS-Cam :-), maybe a funny Color. Its just part of a new Product-Cycle. :rolleyes:

iLLNESS
02-17-2010, 06:23 PM
i get the feeling lately like analysts arent analysts at all for consoles (ignore the obvious).

look into it a little deeper. what would someone do if they wanted to make money bashing a company?
simple..
step 1: accept money from 'said' company (*cough* sony/microsoft/etc).
step 2: think of a possible way to keep consumers scared from buying a product
step 3: become an analyst
step 4: twist this idea into what they 'want' to happen in hopes to prevent consumers from buying competition of 'accepted moneys company"

its a perfectly legal way to slander a company. if a reported reported that nintendo will not succeed if they dont drop price.. or whatever... i imagine nintendo would be right up his ass.

i dont know really. just seems like analysts are predicting some pretty far fetched **** lately that they dont need to analyze at all.

maybe analysts **** stick to reasons why **** has already happened rather then something they think might happen.

kneehighspy
02-17-2010, 08:58 PM
Anyone else think that dropping it to $150 now would be disasterous? It might shift some consoles now but upon release of the other 2 motion controls it will appear as if they are admitting their console is somehow inferior. The better strategy IMHO would be to wait until they come out and steal their thunder with a price drop or even better a new bundle...

i'd go the bundle route and make people seem they are getting a better deal. i don't see the need for a price drop if they still outsell the other consoles at or near their pricing.

LordX
02-18-2010, 01:48 PM
HELL NO! I have like 170pcs in stock :eek:
Rise the price :cool:

Signa
02-19-2010, 08:06 AM
Instead of a price drop, they should bundle Wii Sports Resort with two fully equipped controllers. Nunchucks and motion-plus for both Wiimotes. That would make the $200 seem more valuable. Retail pricing, a full Wiimote and nunchuck is about $50, and WSR wouldn't be any more valuable than normal Wii Sports. The customer would only be saving the price of 2 motion pluses if you counted the price of the Wii at $150. Customers would love it, Nintendo would get off easy with the call for the price reduction, and best of all, they would be able to boast even louder that the Wii is meant to be played in groups. On top of that, they would be packaging the Motion Plus with the Wii, so more devs could jump on the Motion Plus boat and make games that use it.

IJTF_Cinder
02-19-2010, 03:00 PM
You guys should know by now, that "Analyst" is code for "Overpaid idiot with head up ass".

Analyze this!

http://www.igorthetroll.com/images/fuckyou.jpg