PDA

View Full Version : SD CARD and SD HC

gool54
02-17-2010, 03:42 PM
hi people!

i just bought an pny 8gb SDHC i would like to know if it's compatible to soft mod the wii????

thanks for your answers!

tech3475
02-18-2010, 02:18 AM
I believe SDHC is supported on system menu 4.0 and above.

gool54
02-18-2010, 11:44 AM
I believe SDHC is supported on system menu 4.0 and above.

thx @tech3475 a least one great answer

on Amarokz guide 4.2 system for soft modding it says need sd not sdhc?

anyone could confirme?

gool54
02-20-2010, 09:32 AM
is there really somone qualify here? or having experience???
i didnt get now answers is so strange? well i try again, my Nephew has new wii , GC2-D2E with 3.4E menu system and i bought him 8 gig SDHC , but things the wii cannot read the SDHC i bought! and i dont know where to start to softmod the wii ? any help ???

tech3475
02-20-2010, 11:28 AM
The easiest solutions are to either:
1. Get a non-sdhc card
2. Upgrade to system menu 4.2 (but this has issues)
3. Upgrade to system menu 4.1 (this requires a manual method such as using wad manager and a wad).

With option 3, you'll require a non-sdhc card anyway or maybe usb storage if it supports it.

If you do the third option, first install bootmii as boot2 and do a backup as well to lower the risk of bricking.

If you choose system menu 4.2, bear in mind that there is a risk of bricking and you need to patch the system menu for region free, etc. and all current homebrew (except the latest HBC and DVDx) is removed.

gool54
02-20-2010, 11:51 AM
The easiest solutions are to either:
1. Get a non-sdhc card
3. Upgrade to system menu 4.1 (this requires a manual method such as using wad manager and a wad).

With option 3, you'll require a non-sdhc card anyway or maybe usb storage if it supports it.

If you do the third option, first install bootmii as boot2 and do a backup as well to lower the risk of bricking.

If you choose system menu 4.2, bear in mind that there is a risk of bricking and you need to patch the system menu for region free, etc. and all current homebrew (except the latest HBC and DVDx) is removed.

thanks for clarifying very well, i have usb stick and hdd that i tried but nothing appeared in wii, in my case if i keep the system 3.4E ,GC2-D2E would be able to use backup on dvdR?

tech3475
02-20-2010, 02:04 PM
thanks for clarifying very well, i have usb stick and hdd that i tried but nothing appeared in wii, in my case if i keep the system 3.4E ,GC2-D2E would be able to use backup on dvdR?

Off the top of my head, it should since you have an older wii (sys menu 3.4) and therefore an older drive (newer wiis cant run older system menus).

I say just get/buy a cheap non-sdhc card or upgrade to system menu 4.2, these are your easiest options.

gool54
02-21-2010, 02:16 PM
Off the top of my head, it should since you have an older wii (sys menu 3.4) and therefore an older drive (newer wiis cant run older system menus).

I say just get/buy a cheap non-sdhc card or upgrade to system menu 4.2, these are your easiest options.

you said

is it better to upgrade to 4.1? well i dont have wifi ,my nephew left his wii with me for about a week so i have to rush to do it..
thanks a lot

tech3475
02-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Here are the issues with system menu 4.2:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/System_Menu_4.2#Changes

If these dont affect you and you currently have no homebrew, just update.

I say about having no homebrew because there is a risk of a brick with this and nintendo will give a free replacement/repair if you havent tampered with it.

gool54
02-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Here are the issues with system menu 4.2:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/System_Menu_4.2#Changes

If these dont affect you and you currently have no homebrew, just update.

I say about having no homebrew because there is a risk of a brick with this and nintendo will give a free replacement/repair if you havent tampered with it.

thanks a lot for you time bro, sorry i'am new on wii, do you know tutorial to upgarde to 4.1 manulay coz there is no wifi with wii to upgrade through the internet, or you advice me the 4.2?

tech3475
02-22-2010, 05:48 AM
If you have no wifi, the only option is to either find a game with the updater on, or hack the console and do an offline/wad based method.

For this you will need a non-SDHC card.

gool54
02-28-2010, 07:48 AM
If you have no wifi, the only option is to either find a game with the updater on, or hack the console and do an offline/wad based method.

For this you will need a non-SDHC card.

ididnt find nowhere how to update none modded wii with wad manger to 4.1 or 4.2 menu system! could u inlight me pls?

tech3475
02-28-2010, 10:51 AM
Here seems to be a good guide:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901