PDA

View Full Version : Sony: There's a lack of innovation on the Wii

Zeus
02-18-2010, 08:03 AM
Sony continues to trash talk the competition and this time it is the turn of the Wii. Dyer of Siny noted that there is a distinct lack of innovative new IP coming out on the Wii and the publisher backlash is benefiting the PS3.

<blockquote>Dyer continued, "And I don't even have to fight for their hearts and minds; I just show them the TRST data with regards to how many top 10 titles are third-party titles on the Wii, or how many top 10 titles are third-party titles on the DS. Not many. It's not a hard story to sell, and they get that. Unless they've got a particular franchise that's worked well on the Wii, you don't see a lot of innovative new IP coming out on that platform.” </blockquote>

News Source: <a href="http://www.industrygamers.com/news/ps3-benefiting-from-wii-publisher-backlash/" target="_blank">IndustryGamers</a>

EL_CAD
02-18-2010, 09:19 AM
More like, Nintendo hasn't come up with anything in a few months that we can copy.

CharmedonWB
02-18-2010, 09:37 AM
And what frakking new innovative IPs does Sony have; I'd really like to know? Uncharted, Heavy Rain....are those what you call innovative???

Almighty_Peanut
02-18-2010, 10:21 AM
And what frakking new innovative IPs does Sony have; I'd really like to know? Uncharted, Heavy Rain....are those what you call innovative???

no. sony came up with motion control! THAT is innovative!

billysastard
02-18-2010, 11:11 AM
i could swear that "just dance" was 3rd party and its been sitting at #2 in the charts beating the crap out of generic semi hd shooter 5 on ps3 and 360 week after week, whilst the title at #1 peaks then vanishes it just sits at #2 gathering sales numbers that sony could only dream of.

Battlefield
02-18-2010, 11:29 AM
Sony cant STFU for even 2 days...Are they on drugs all week?

msanchez
02-18-2010, 05:00 PM
Are we really going to start with the whole "innovative" crap again? give me a damn brake we are half way through the generation, save the innovative talk crap 'til the next gen. Besides, I might consider the wii crap, but just how hypocritical can sony be knocking nintendo for innovation?