PDA

View Full Version : My hacked xbox won't start

clarkkent87
02-21-2010, 11:01 AM
Here's the problem:
My hack is by pressing and holding for a few seconds the power button but now as soon as I plug the power supply the xbox turns on by itself.:(
What could I do to solve this?
Thanks everyone

Jdemon
03-01-2010, 09:44 AM
You are talking about an Original Xbox not a 360 right?

Assuming yes, I'm guessing this is a chip mod also?

Check all your solder connections are correct and have a complete seal to them.

vrchards
03-08-2010, 03:48 AM
Hi clarkkent87,
I hope Jdemon is right, Along with this it may be that Your xbox having some OS'booting problem.

MasterGouken
03-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Here's the problem:
My hack is by pressing and holding for a few seconds the power button but now as soon as I plug the power supply the xbox turns on by itself.:(
What could I do to solve this?
Thanks everyone

http://forums.llamma.com/viewtopic.php?p=73050#73050

clarkkent87
03-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Indeed it is the first version xbox with the modchip.
Searching for a solution back in the days I already ran against that darkmatter's tutorials but since I'm unfamiliar with soldering and all the stuff I gave up.
Now the funny thing is that I kind of solved the problem:
At the beginning the system started itself as soon as I plugged the power supply then no possibility to run the hack along with evox but one day triyng the same procedure -while pressing&holding the power button- surprise! here is my beloved xbox back running evox...I needed few minutes to recover,it's been a while you know! :rolleyes:
So currently it works fine but I have to perform that boring pattern each time I power on...and I guess there's no easy way to fix this but am just too happy it works again.
Thinking that the guy who I got the mod from told me the xbox was to be thrown away! :confused:
Lucky me!
Oh and huge thanks to all of you guys for the suggestions I appreciated like hell ;)