PDA

View Full Version : Help with tuning my wii

renandabomb
03-07-2010, 04:01 PM
I have wii menu version 3.2u and I havnt played my wii for a long time, maybe a year. Around that time, I was installing wads for snes, nes games. I still have them there but I would like to know how to delete them completely from my system because I no longer have the .wad files I used to install them. I have the homebrew channel on my system and installed the wads via sd card and homebrew menu. I recently started playing wii sports again and some old gamecube games. I wanted to purchase Animal Crossing City Folk but I was worried about my old wads and if the newer game would update my wii menu. I would also like to advance my tuning and start running games from an external hdd or usb drive. Am I still able to do this??? It seems like I am stuck in the process but since it has been so long that I adjusted my wii, I forgot where I left off..maybe someone can link me to where I might start off?

tech3475
03-07-2010, 05:06 PM
First of all install bootmii as boot2 and do a backup (bootmii.org)

1. To delete VC games you can either delete the channel in the setting or use wad manager
2. to run newer games just run dop-iso and install ISO 38, 53 and 55, you also need to block updates so I suggest using starpatch or preloader
3. To run games of USB I suggest install CIOS 222/223 and using USB loader GX, this can automatically format a USB HDD as WBFS and install games from disc.

If you want a HDD to have dual partitions e.g. FAT32 and WBFS for games, I suggest WBFS manager for the PC to format the partition.

renandabomb
03-07-2010, 05:46 PM
I read somewhere if I just delete the channel as a normal vc game instead of uninstalling it through the wad manager then its somehow still in the memory? is this true? And I don't know what you mean dop or ISO #s...

When I first customized my wii, I used my Zelda game, followed the instructions of downloading the hacked twilight save file to an sd card then loading the game and walking backwards, at that point it would install wad files. Eventually I learned about the homebrew channel and I installed a few wads through that because it was now easy since I no longer had to load zelda and walk backwards anymore. I am still confused at how to install these ISOs and anything beyond just the homebrew channel and wads. Is it just the same??

tech3475
03-08-2010, 01:52 AM
That's why I also suggested anytitle deleterious since that will remove the game data, but it's riskier, best solution is to get the wads again.

USB loader gx can run from the hbc or be installed as a achannel using wad manager.

renandabomb
03-08-2010, 12:05 PM
crap that means i must uninstall them then... idont wanna risk anything. i gues i will try to find them once again

edit: k i figured that stuff out now. and ive done lots of research over the last 24 hrs lol... i understand now i need a bigger sd card to back my wii with bootloader and i still can play animal crossing but i need ios38. if im right i can essentially play animal crossing without worrying because it wont update my firmware menu (3.2) but it will add an ios38 so i can play the game and i wont lose my files... correct?

renandabomb
03-11-2010, 04:32 PM
ok well i figured it out lol thanks for your help... it was simple: using my sd card to install usb loader gx and formatting my usb flash drive on my cpu with wbfs manager and then using that prog. to upload my downloaded animal crossing iso onto it. then i plugged in my usb to the 1st usb slot and went through homebrew and loaded my usb laoder gx app through my sd card and from there i loaded animal crossing. very simple and worked so much easier than i had thought. haha

but you mention to install CIOS 222/223, i didnt install those... what would those do ?

tech3475
03-11-2010, 04:43 PM
There a different CIOS (Custom IOS) which from personal experience I found more stable than Wanikokos CIOS (IOS 249) for USB loader.

Newer CIOS may be different (rev 17 IIRC) but I haven't tested it.