PDA

View Full Version : Out of scene for a year. Can I get some help with SMB Wii?

MrEx
04-30-2010, 11:10 PM
Been workin' like crazy the last year, and haven't touched a console during that time. I decided to break out the Wii and got SMB. Scoured the net for few hours, but can't get it to work. I have D2CKEY with HB Channel. I have PAL SMB Wii and using neogamma, but getting green screen. Running 4.1 firm. What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

tech3475
05-01-2010, 04:28 AM
are you using the latest neogamma?

MrEx
05-01-2010, 03:56 PM
I'm using v8 beta7. That's what the tut instructed to use.

tech3475
05-01-2010, 04:50 PM
How did you update and are you using a copy from the same region? It might be:

1. A region issue (had this with madworld on my hacked PAL Wii)
2.An IOS issue, run DOP-Mii/Dop-IOS, I believe v12 allows you to make a log of all current IOS files and install the missing ones/update and patch them for trucha.
3. A Cios issue, try rev 13 (old and relatively reliable but flawed) or 19 (the newest but cant say about quality) or install a specific one if it was in the guide.

MrEx
05-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Well, I could use some help here. I'm on 4.1U according to the wii settings menu, but still can't run the backup. I ripped it myself from my retail version. I'm able to play the retail version, but the backup just goes to blank screen, then to the error screen.

If I use neogamma with smbn.dol I get the green screen. I installed bootmii, and ran "pimp my wii" to scan the system. I gave me list of a files that were supposedly missing or bad, so I have no clue what state the system is in...

How the heck do I get 4.1U to where it's supposed to be? I've researched this for hours, and cannot find any definitive and answers or tutorial that will get me a certified correct 4.1U setup.

Any help is appreciated.

tech3475
05-06-2010, 08:37 AM
Well, I could use some help here. I'm on 4.1U according to the wii settings menu, but still can't run the backup. I ripped it myself from my retail version. I'm able to play the retail version, but the backup just goes to blank screen, then to the error screen.

If I use neogamma with smbn.dol I get the green screen. I installed bootmii, and ran "pimp my wii" to scan the system. I gave me list of a files that were supposedly missing or bad, so I have no clue what state the system is in...

How the heck do I get 4.1U to where it's supposed to be? I've researched this for hours, and cannot find any definitive and answers or tutorial that will get me a certified correct 4.1U setup.

Any help is appreciated.

To install missing IOS files use Dop-Mii v2 and install IOS: 38, 53, 55, 56, 57, 58 (apply trucha patch) and maybe run WiiSCU to update the shop channel (dont update IOS 16, 60 or 61).

May also want to try a different CIOS maybe V13 or v19.